The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 12345
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Connecticut/Northeast OFC'ers

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Wagonmaster
Posted 2009-02-16 1:00 PM (#427254 - in reply to #427229)
Subject: Re: Connecticut/Northeast OFC'ers

Kevin,
Again your contribution and effort is appreciated
and needed. I was only giving you some facts about the Hartford Hilton and offering up options for others in my shoes. I would think that as long as we have something put together by Mid March it would give all plenty of time to make plans to come.

Of course, I understand that. We need anyone who can make a suggestion, to make it. There are some good ones here. The more stuff we throw out, the more likely it is that we'll come up with something that works. I guess that my point is no matter what venue is contacted, they ought to be made aware that this will be a group and as such, we should be given a group rate. Further, this group is offering the venue free entertainment. Those two things are worth a substantial discount. Finally, as you have made clear, BT, this is a Northeast gathering but that is just a geographical designation, certainly it includes any OFC'er who wishes to attend. The more, the merrier, is right. Please chime in now if you even think you might attend. Suggesting a number of people to a venue is very helpful.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BT717
Posted 2009-02-16 2:35 PM (#427255 - in reply to #427229)

"I guess that my point is no matter what venue is contacted, they ought to be made aware that this will be a group and as such, we should be given a group rate."

Agreed!!!
AlanM
Posted 2009-02-16 2:37 PM (#427256 - in reply to #427229)

Head count, anyone?
BT717
Posted 2009-02-16 2:50 PM (#427257 - in reply to #427229)

Originally posted by AlanM:
Head count, anyone?
I count 5 on this thread showing Interest.I know PEZ is in thats 6. When I saw Mike (Crimsonlake) last week at the M.S. he said if we had something and the dates worked out he'd be interested, thats 7 possible. But,to get a better idea of who would be interested, I think tonight after members get home from work and online we'll get a better idea.
Wagonmaster
Posted 2009-02-16 3:06 PM (#427258 - in reply to #427229)

Originally posted by BT717:
Head count, anyone?
I think tonight after members get home from work and online we'll get a better idea.

You do realize that you have just pointed out to the rest of this board that we having nothing to do all day but to post on this board!!!!! :D
AlanM
Posted 2009-02-16 3:10 PM (#427259 - in reply to #427229)

Lol! I'm doing this from work! Sneaking around behind my boss' back! I'm probably the reason the economy is as it is.

Oops...sorry 'bout that, guys!
BT717
Posted 2009-02-16 3:17 PM (#427260 - in reply to #427229)

Originally posted by Wagonmaster:
Originally posted by BT717:
Head count, anyone?
I think tonight after members get home from work and online we'll get a better idea.

You do realize that you have just pointed out to the rest of this board that we having nothing to do all day but to post on this board!!!!! :D
I've been DISCOVERED!!!! :eek: ;)
AlanM
Posted 2009-02-16 8:01 PM (#427261 - in reply to #427229)

Originally posted by G8r:
Y'all do this. Ain't fair that us Wild-Eyed Southern Boys have all the fun.
Ah was a-thinkin' that vurruh thought! (I can write Southern too).
Wagonmaster
Posted 2009-02-16 10:03 PM (#427262 - in reply to #427229)

QUOTE]Originally posted by AlanM:
[QB]
Originally posted by Beggin:
[qb] The first Southern Style Jam, we rented a large Gazebo at a park in Asheville, NC. Ran a power cord from the bathroom and setup a PA system. We had a great time and so did the many park walkers.

A further thought on your thought is that, weather wise, May and June are not quite the same in New England as they are in Ashville, NC!!! :eek: I would like to ask how many you Rebs usually have in attendance. I'd like to see more response by those interested in this Northeast gathering. Is seven or eight the usual size? I wonder, is there any record of the largest gathering ever held, and where?
Captain Lovehandles
Posted 2009-02-16 10:14 PM (#427263 - in reply to #427229)

I think SS-1 had 8, and g8rbowl-2 had 12. If you check out the fan gatherings section, you'll see some slim crowds and some larger ones, but everybody is happy.
CrimsonLake
Posted 2009-02-16 10:25 PM (#427264 - in reply to #427229)

As Bob said, I'm in if I'm available. June would be much better - the later the better. My weekends are pretty tied up from March through the end of school with kids sports.

I would say the tour was by far the biggest gathering. Keiths was a good size too. It looked like the last NE gathering in NJ was a decent size as well.
Steve A
Posted 2009-02-17 12:00 AM (#427265 - in reply to #427229)

I live in Agawam, MA. It is a border town to northern CT. I am about 15 minutes from Bradley Airport and 30 minutes from Hartford. My wife runs a small community theater with a stage, sound system and seating for approx 125. Depending on the weekend it could be a great site for a get together. It would definitely have to be before the kids get out of school for the summer as the run stage camps all summer. Oh- I am in depending on the timing of course.
God bless,
Steve
Wagonmaster
Posted 2009-02-17 12:06 AM (#427266 - in reply to #427229)

It looked like the last NE gathering in NJ was a decent size as well.

Which brings us to the other option. I'm not married to the CT location. If NJ would prove more convenient for folks to travel to. That would be fine with me. Out of anyone in the Northeast region, I believe that I would have the farthest to travel, but I don't mind. Al said that he may have a lead on a place with stage and PA system, etc. He did mention a Sunday, though, and that would not be convenient for me. I would need that day to travel back, as I believe most people would. CT, NJ, PA, RI, 6 people, 8 people, 20 people, it really doesn't matter. Let's just pick a place ,lock it in and have a fun weekend.
2stix
Posted 2009-02-17 12:48 AM (#427267 - in reply to #427229)

Depending on the date, I would love to attend and meet all of you. Steve A, didn't realize there was another member in town! Welcome aboard.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2009-02-17 2:52 AM (#427268 - in reply to #427229)

Wow "Devil's Hopyard" haven't heard that name in awhile... my old back yard actually. Not sure where people would stay unless they are into camping.

If you are thinking anywhere near Hartford, the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Hartford/Windsor Locks I'm sure would love to have ya. They were always VERY gracious to have the gang there when we had the Factory Tour and Convention. Mention it's a gathering of the Ovation Fan Club and they'll probably fix ya right up.
PEZ
Posted 2009-02-17 3:43 AM (#427269 - in reply to #427229)

I had offered can likily use my frat house I'm in at Trinity College. We need todo would supply enough beer for lose living in the house and and throw bugers and dogs on. I have PA
deadfish
Posted 2009-02-17 7:15 AM (#427270 - in reply to #427229)

Count me in...doubt if I'll have my guitar ready by spring but I'ld sure like to meet with you folks.

Rick C.

Ps...Devils Hopyard is very scenic...nice little set of falls
BT717
Posted 2009-02-17 8:31 AM (#427271 - in reply to #427229)

It looked like the last NE gathering in NJ was a decent size as well.

Which brings us to the other option. I'm not married to the CT location. If NJ would prove more convenient for folks to travel to. That would be fine with me. Out of anyone in the Northeast region, I believe that I would have the farthest to travel, but I don't mind. Al said that he may have a lead on a place with stage and PA system, etc. He did mention a Sunday, though, and that would not be convenient for me. I would need that day to travel back, as I believe most people would. CT, NJ, PA, RI, 6 people, 8 people, 20 people, it really doesn't matter. Let's just pick a place ,lock it in and have a fun weekend.
2 "trains" of thought here. With SteveA, 2stix and Deadfish, that makes approx 7-8 within 1 hour of each other in Northern Ct /Southern Ma. If this is a Ct/NE gathering in Name only, then Ct would be a logical choice for Members in Northern N.E. and NY/NJ. If we move it further South, then more/other members may be able to attend,BUT,It may not allow for the Northern NE'ers other than Wagonmaster to come.
If Al can get a venue Why not schedule the gathering's 4-6 weeks apart and have 2? That way some can make 1, others can make both and it opens it up to even more members in a larger geographic location. Justa thought here. :)
BT717
Posted 2009-02-17 8:34 AM (#427272 - in reply to #427229)

Originally posted by deadfish:
Count me in...doubt if I'll have my guitar ready by spring but I'ld sure like to meet with you folks.

Rick C.

Ps...Devils Hopyard is very scenic...nice little set of falls
Rick, That shouldn't be a problem as there are always extra guitars to play at these things. I'd bring 2 myself and you could play one of them. :)
an4340
Posted 2009-02-17 9:51 AM (#427273 - in reply to #427229)

I wouldn't mind having a tune up at my place for the Albany area people, say three weeks prior to either the NJ or CT/MA getogethers. I know there are a couple of us within a 50 mile area.
deadfish
Posted 2009-02-17 11:15 AM (#427274 - in reply to #427229)

]Rick, That shouldn't be a problem as there are always extra guitars to play at these things. I'd bring 2 myself and you could play one of them. :) [/QB]

That's cool...I suppose I could also bring my (dare I say...) "kent" :D
G8r
Posted 2009-02-17 11:27 AM (#427275 - in reply to #427229)

At the last G8rBowl there were 7 woodboxes. Heck, there was even one of those funny looking and funnier sounding circle-shaped things with the drum top and 5 strings...

PEZ
Posted 2009-02-17 1:48 PM (#427276 - in reply to #427229)

QUOTE]Originally posted by AlanM:
[QB]
Originally posted by Beggin:
[qb] The first Southern Style Jam, we rented a large Gazebo at a park in Asheville, NC. Ran a power cord from the bathroom and setup a PA system. We had a great time and so did the many park walkers.

A further thought on your thought is that, weather wise, May and June are not quite the same in New England as they are in Ashville, NC!!! :eek: I would like to ask how many you Rebs usually have in attendance. I'd like to see more response by those interested in this Northeast gathering. Is seven or eight the usual size? I wonder, is there any record of the largest gathering ever held, and where?
My clothes needed 2 days to dry out after 1/2 on stage in sc.
AlanM
Posted 2009-02-19 8:28 AM (#427277 - in reply to #427229)

Next Steps? It looks as though we have 5-10 people ready to participate. And, we have some with date preferences. Anyone want to propose a date and a place? Me? I'm a single daddy with two kids (14 and 8), so my traveling flexibility is limited. Unless, of couse, kids are welcome.

Wagon: you made some calls...did yo ufind anything out?
Phil Wong
Posted 2009-02-19 8:42 AM (#427278 - in reply to #427229)

I would like to attend but cannot commit until a date and location are set.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)