The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 12345
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Connecticut/Northeast OFC'ers

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

AlanM
Posted 2009-02-15 9:39 PM (#427229)
Subject: Connecticut/Northeast OFC'ers

Who are all the Connecticut OFC'ers? (or Northeast OFC'ers) I was thinking that maybe we could do a little get-together / jam session at someone's place. Unfortunately, my two-bedroom condo wouldn't work, but maybe somewhere else?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bauerhillboy
Posted 2009-02-15 10:09 PM (#427230 - in reply to #427229)
Subject: Re: Connecticut/Northeast OFC'ers

It might be the only way to ever have a get-together in that area again.
BT717
Posted 2009-02-16 4:49 AM (#427231 - in reply to #427229)

AlanM,
PEZ and I have been talking about trying to get something a little bigger together more towards the end of spring,but, that does seem to be the problem. None of us seem to have a place big enough to have a decent Jam. I have a 1 Bedroom Apt (Thanks Ex! :mad: ) PEZ is also in an Apt.
But if you and others want to get together informally I'm in.

Bob
Beggin
Posted 2009-02-16 8:30 AM (#427232 - in reply to #427229)

The first Southern Style Jam, we rented a large Gazebo at a park in Asheville, NC. Ran a power cord from the bathroom and setup a PA system. We had a great time and so did the many park walkers.

Just food for thought!
alpep
Posted 2009-02-16 8:33 AM (#427233 - in reply to #427229)

I have a venue available in jersey it has a complete stage and PA system. Of course I would have to check on the availability the cost is rather reasonable.
it would most likely have to occur on a sat afternoon or a sunday and that is contingent upon what elese is scheduled
Wagonmaster
Posted 2009-02-16 8:58 AM (#427234 - in reply to #427229)

How many of us are in the New England/Northeast area that would possibly attend?
BT717
Posted 2009-02-16 9:11 AM (#427235 - in reply to #427229)

As I stated in my above post, PEZ and I are working on a couple of things for mid May or mid June (Not Memorial day wkend). There is a Pool Club house at the pool shared by my Apt and the Condo next to us. It is the Condo's Clubhouse and I won't know until atleast after March 1st if they will rent it out to me. I have to call them. It's got ample parking. The Pool won't be openned the Wkend I'm thinking, we could BBQ for eats. I have a 8 channel PA we could use. There is a motel 3 1/2 miles down the road if people stayed over night (same Motel that UCONN Men and Women opponents use at times when they visit for games) I didn't want to really say anything until it was more set in stone, but with all that is starting to be thrown out, I thought I should.
Wagonmaster
Posted 2009-02-16 9:17 AM (#427236 - in reply to #427229)

I have just spoken with the Hartford Hilton about sleeping rooms and a banquet room for the get together. The "group" manager was very interested in our get together and will get back to me tomorrow with some details on price. She liked the idea of guests being able to pop in for a little entertainment. Probably it will be cost prohibitive, but if you don't ask, you'll never know, right?
Charlie Ramon
Posted 2009-02-16 9:44 AM (#427237 - in reply to #427229)

Will this gathering be open for non-New England members? Would love to come around.

Karl
BT717
Posted 2009-02-16 10:13 AM (#427238 - in reply to #427229)

EVERYONE is welcome!

Kevin, We can be sure that the Hartford Hilton would be costly. It's also in downtown Hartford if I'm not mistaken and Parking would also be an issue. WE do appreciate the effort! :) If there are those that are "UP" to that possibility then we should look into it. As far as those that are in my situation of being Unemployed, since I am less the 20 min's from Hartford and if those of you that were to come don't mind a couch, cot or floor, I'd be able to squeeze 3-4 at my Apt. ( for half the cost of the Hilton LOL!) Probably getting ahead of myself,BUT, the excitment and anticipation is killing me!!! :D ;) !!
G8r
Posted 2009-02-16 10:32 AM (#427239 - in reply to #427229)

Y'all do this. Ain't fair that us Wild-Eyed Southern Boys have all the fun.
Wagonmaster
Posted 2009-02-16 10:41 AM (#427240 - in reply to #427229)

Well, again, you never know until you ask. Your offer, BT, to sleep 3 or four is great but that will leave others needing a room somewhere else. There is financial power in numbers and that goes for hotel accommodations. The more people in a group, the cheaper the room rate. Plus, it would be nice to have all the members in one central location in the evening to share dinner, drinks, etc. It sure doesn't need to be the Hartford Hilton, but maybe another hotel or motel venue that would be less costly than the Hilton Hartford. Any suggestions, BT or PEZ? Again, the group rate at a hotel/motel is always much better than the individual rate. And while we're throwing everything out there, can we get a count on this thread on how many would be "likely" to attend a NorthEast gathering sometime in early to mid June. Let's get a count.
Northcountry
Posted 2009-02-16 11:19 AM (#427241 - in reply to #427229)

I would love to make one of these, perhaps this is the year? I will have enough room in the car for another passenger and guitar or two.

Randy
fillhixx
Posted 2009-02-16 11:40 AM (#427242 - in reply to #427229)

Having crossed borders (cultural and national) to attend two gatherings so far I can concur. We are a great group and the gathering is worth it.

There may be an 'older' motel with meeting room they throw in for free for a bulk purchase. Check with a Chamber of Commerce in you area. Or a bar/pub/roadhouse with rooms...
AlanM
Posted 2009-02-16 11:54 AM (#427243 - in reply to #427229)

Originally posted by Charlie Ramon:
Will this gathering be open for non-New England members? Would love to come around.

Karl
Couple rapid-fire responses: As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier. I can supply a movie camera. Unless someone has a better one, that is.
Northcountry
Posted 2009-02-16 11:54 AM (#427244 - in reply to #427229)

Well never get this figured out before the space debris from that collision destroys all our communication satellites anyway. Hope you all have a land line. And we all thought wireless frequencies were are biggest worries.
AlanM
Posted 2009-02-16 11:55 AM (#427245 - in reply to #427229)

Originally posted by Wagonmaster:
I have just spoken with the Hartford Hilton about sleeping rooms and a banquet room for the get together. The "group" manager was very interested in our get together and will get back to me tomorrow with some details on price. She liked the idea of guests being able to pop in for a little entertainment. Probably it will be cost prohibitive, but if you don't ask, you'll never know, right?
Thanks, WM -- so right! It never hurts to ask. Let's see what they come back with.
CanterburyStrings
Posted 2009-02-16 11:56 AM (#427246 - in reply to #427229)

Devil's Hop Yard would be a great place for you guys. I attended a wedding reception there once. They have large covered pavillions with electricity. (They also have great trout fishing. :D ) I believe they have camping facilities, and you can furnish your own beer. If money is a problem, this seems like an economical way to hold a get-together in an absolutely beautiful setting. Wish I could come. :(
AlanM
Posted 2009-02-16 11:58 AM (#427247 - in reply to #427229)

Originally posted by BT717:
As I stated in my above post, PEZ and I are working on a couple of things for mid May or mid June (Not Memorial day wkend). There is a Pool Club house at the pool shared by my Apt and the Condo next to us. It is the Condo's Clubhouse and I won't know until atleast after March 1st if they will rent it out to me. I have to call them. It's got ample parking. The Pool won't be openned the Wkend I'm thinking, we could BBQ for eats. I have a 8 channel PA we could use. There is a motel 3 1/2 miles down the road if people stayed over night (same Motel that UCONN Men and Women opponents use at times when they visit for games) I didn't want to really say anything until it was more set in stone, but with all that is starting to be thrown out, I thought I should.
I don't want to step on what you and PEZ are working on...
AlanM
Posted 2009-02-16 12:00 PM (#427248 - in reply to #427229)

Originally posted by AlanM:
Who are all the Connecticut OFC'ers? (or Northeast OFC'ers) I was thinking that maybe we could do a little get-together / jam session at someone's place. Unfortunately, my two-bedroom condo wouldn't work, but maybe somewhere else?
The Ex: the very reason I'M in a two-bedroom condo! Aren't they great?!?!?!? NOT!
AlanM
Posted 2009-02-16 12:02 PM (#427249 - in reply to #427229)

Originally posted by CanterburyStrings:
Devil's Hop Yard would be a great place for you guys. I attended a wedding reception there once. They have large covered pavillions with electricity. (They also have great trout fishing. :D ) I believe they have camping facilities, and you can furnish your own beer. If money is a problem, this seems like an economical way to hold a get-together in an absolutely beautiful setting. Wish I could come. :(
Thanks, Canterbury! Great idea! You have a Connecticut connection, don't you!
AlanM
Posted 2009-02-16 12:05 PM (#427250 - in reply to #427229)

Originally posted by Wagonmaster:
And while we're throwing everything out there, can we get a count on this thread on how many would be "likely" to attend a NorthEast gathering sometime in early to mid June. Let's get a count.
Assuming the weekend? I'm in. So, 1 (so far).
AlanM
Posted 2009-02-16 12:09 PM (#427251 - in reply to #427229)

Originally posted by Beggin:
The first Southern Style Jam, we rented a large Gazebo at a park in Asheville, NC. Ran a power cord from the bathroom and setup a PA system. We had a great time and so did the many park walkers.

Just food for thought!
Great thought! Village green type of thing. I like the idea of a covered venue (in case of rain.) So, maybe a park gazebo as Plan A, and a Hotel-type venue as a Plan B? Assuming that is, that we can grab such a venue on, say, five-days notice -- about the amount of time that the five-day forecast has any real level of confidence.

Sorry...rambling a bit...I just HATE the idea of a rain-out! Lots of people get inconvenienced.
BT717
Posted 2009-02-16 12:14 PM (#427252 - in reply to #427229)

Alan,
You are more then welcome to get involved and help out. I think the more help or options we have the better chance this will happen.
Canterbury use to live in Canterbury , CT.

Kevin,
Again your contribution and effort is appreciated
and needed. I was only giving you some facts about the Hartford Hilton and offering up options for others in my shoes. I would think that as long as we have something put together by Mid March it would give all plenty of time to make plans to come.
Northcountry
Posted 2009-02-16 12:33 PM (#427253 - in reply to #427229)

I know there are some members from western/central NY. If they end up going and want a ride the rest of the way out the Mass Pike let me know. If this happens I will be getting on the NYS Thruway at the Fonda exit? I think that's #29 ? I was going to use my little Diesel VW but if there is more interest.... I also have a Dodge Magnum for transportation and it comfotably seats three and three or four guitars in back and an amp or gig bags etc.

Randy
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)