The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Fleabay Resolution?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

dave3dg
Posted 2009-02-17 1:43 PM (#427015)
Subject: Fleabay Resolution?

Anyone been through the 'Resolution' process of Peapal?
I have sent an email through the 'Peapal Resolution' to the a$$hole seller who has miss-sold this item with no reply from him:

"Hi,
I am requesting a full refund for the return of the Ovation guitar with hard case (Item number 22035****890). The request is made due to serious damage to the truss rod adjustment hexagonal nut which is used to take out any warping of the guitar neck/fret board. The 3/16” hexagonal set screw in question is totally unusable due to the damage. The damage is so severe there is no evidence of the six flats required to make up the hexagon. Adjustment is not possible at all and the neck has a significant warp which requires adjustment.

No mention of the defect was made on the condition of the instrument on the Fleabay auction. Here is an excerpt from the auction listing: “ITS SO NICE BEEN PLAYED ONCE XMAS DAY THATS IT !!!”

There was also no mention of a minor dent to the wood on the rear of the neck. There also was no mention of the "USED" stamp on the rear of the headstock. This stamp is an Ovation factory 'second's quality' identification mark.

I can confirm that this instrument has had rather more outings than your reference above.

I trust we can come to an amicable resolution in this matter.

Regards,"

Anyone had a refund from Peapal if the a$$hole seller refuses to play?

dave3dg
Top of the page Bottom of the page
G8r
Posted 2009-02-17 2:12 PM (#427016 - in reply to #427015)
Subject: Re: Fleabay Resolution?

I had a situation in 2007, where I won an eBay auction for a 1619 that, when it arrived, was in considerably worse shape than the seller described. I wrote the seller & he refused to work with me, so I filed a dispute resolution with eBay and PayPal. It took about 6 or 8 weeks, but they found in my favor that the guitar was "Significantly Not As Described" and refunded my money as soon as they got confirmation that the seller had received the guitar shipped back by me.

In my case it helped that I had corresponded thru eBay with the seller prior to the close of the auction and had copies of his answers to my specific questions about the condition of the guitar that didn't jibe with its actual condition. Plus I took plenty of photos and made them available to PayPal so they could see exactly what was wrong, and how it differed from the ad description and the sellers responses to my questions during the auction.

Just document everything, be as specific and clear as possible in your dispute filing, send them as much info as you can, be professional & not emotional about it, and good luck.
dave3dg
Posted 2009-02-17 2:27 PM (#427017 - in reply to #427015)

Thanks for that m8, sounds like good advise to me.

I had some serious misgivings surrounding this transaction as it took over 10 days to receive the Chinese crock 'o' $h1te due to the snow???and my boy who was nearby to him had to collect in person.

If I get my pennies back it will be a USA made Elite, Legend or Balladeer in exchange.

No Contest!!!
Hossman21
Posted 2009-02-17 8:52 PM (#427018 - in reply to #427015)

This Christmas I bought an Ipod for my daughter only to discover on Christmas morning that it was an Ipod knockoff. My daughter was disappointed and I looked like a cheap bas---d. I contacted the shipper via email and complained and he was kind enough to start a complaint for me and gave me a full refund which came in like 4 days. Some sellers are very concerned about their feedback rating. Another time I ordered some books in the form of a trilogy packed in a trilogy box. Two of the three books were not even from the trilogy. When I complained to the seller, he says that he has been "taken" before by people like me and he would not honor the refund. I sent him some pics of the partially opened box showing the titles and then proceeded to give him a terrible feedback on Ebay. After I did that, he was all apologetic and begged me to take the feedback off of Ebay if he would refund my money. He did and I did. Case closed.

Hit them where it hurts. A detailed negative feedback hurts if they are a regular seller.
Gallerinski
Posted 2009-02-17 9:16 PM (#427019 - in reply to #427015)

Originally posted by dave3dg:
Anyone had a refund from Peapal if the a$$hole seller refuses to play?
Yes. I bought an AR Tube Crossover for a friend who is just an idiot that doesn't have paypal. It arrived with undisclosed damage. I got it for a good price (assuming it worked) so didn't want to return it so I estimated it would cost 200. to repair. Requested that amount of refund and never heard from the seller. I had his email and phone number but he would never respond to me so I filed a dispute with PayPal and in about they refunded me 200. which I assume they took from the sellers account. I continue to be a very string supporter of PayPal for reasons just like this. And my dentist takes PayPal which is nice.
AussieJames
Posted 2009-02-17 10:41 PM (#427020 - in reply to #427015)

I bought a guitar here in Oz that ended up being a pretty clever scam.
It took about 6 weeks but got my money back from Paypal.

AJ
dave3dg
Posted 2009-02-18 2:13 AM (#427021 - in reply to #427015)

I find all your comments reassuring and give me a bit of hope so I can get my lucra back, add a bit more to it and buy a 2nd user USA model.

Thanks.

dave3dg
mercury187
Posted 2009-02-23 4:38 PM (#427022 - in reply to #427015)

I tried to buy my fiance a tmobile wifi combo phone last October and the seller kept apologizing for shipping delays and was making up family emergencies and stuff, when it got into the 3rd week after auction end I started to really check into this guy again (before I made the purchase his feedback was perfect) and noticed on his feedback some guy said he had just filed a claim with paypal and had to get his money back so I immediately filed a claim because you only have like a month or something from auction end. I pasted all his emails into the claim and mentioned the other guys paypal claim and I eventually got my money back. I think it took like 15 days or something for the paypal claim to run its course but they were able to rip my money out of the sellers hands.
I was reading on a anti-paypal website around that time that paypal pretty much always sides with the buyer so if you file a claim and include things like pictures and the auctions wording I'd say you'll win your case.

Sorry to hear about your purchase, that was one of the reasons I didn't want to get one off ebay..
dave3dg
Posted 2009-03-24 9:02 AM (#427023 - in reply to #427015)

Well I got my refund from Peapal eventually. :)

Still had to pay for the shipping (£14)squids back to the lying twerp of a seller. Not sure that is right? he should have paid that surely?

dave3dg
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)