The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Another Mom and Pop closing?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

FlySig
Posted 2009-03-05 9:43 AM (#425468 - in reply to #425443)
Subject: Re: Another Mom and Pop closing?

Our local "pop" store is run by Ray. He's a nice enough guy, probably in his 60's. Very good luthier. His selection is reasonably varied for a small store. We have purchased stuff from him that we could have gotten cheaper online or at GC but I like keeping the money in my town.

He says he can't get product from his distributors for the price that online dealers sell it for! He lost his Fender deal because he can't afford to keep the huge amount of stock on hand that they require.

But where he fails is on special orders. S.L.O.W. It's been a month now and we are still "2 weeks" away from getting a violin stand that I could have had overnighted to me from an internet store for less total cost than his price.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
an4340
Posted 2009-03-05 11:33 AM (#425469 - in reply to #425443)

Link to a map that shows where the job loss is.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/03/03/us/20090303_LEONHARDT...
Mark in Boise
Posted 2009-03-28 1:13 PM (#425470 - in reply to #425443)

A little update. The local musicians are holding a benefit concert for Old Boise Guitar on April 10. That's 10 days after they figured they would have to close, so it looks like they'll stay open awhile longer. I won't be in the country or I'd go. I just can't bring myself to buy a Taylor to help them out, although I tried to talk a friend into buying a Guild. The last thing I need is another T shirt or music book, but I need to do my part.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)