The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Not for the weak
[Frozen]

View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

WCL
Posted 2009-03-21 9:08 PM (#422260 - in reply to #422235)
Subject: Re: Not for the weak

Ha, not at all Buckshot, it was a joke; besides, what's there to be afraid of?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bvince
Posted 2009-03-21 9:13 PM (#422261 - in reply to #422235)

I appreciate anyone who has the guts to sit down and write songs, and then lay them out for public critique. I began writing songs a year ago when my daughter went off to Iraq. Being a freelance artist also, I know how it feels when a situation or experience sends one into the self-expression mode. Sometimes words can't express feelings as much as an image, or a tune with lots of minor chords. So my hat's off to ya'. With that said ... I also know that most of the people on this site are very passionate about music and their instruments, and that is why they joined this site. So please don't be dissappointed if a majority of them do not show interest in the topic of smoking. (even though it started as a song critique)

As far as smoking IS concerned ... I have a different opinion about public smoking. Aside from being highly allergic to cigarette smoke, I held my dad as he breathed his last breath last year, after a long, slow battle with lung cancer. I'll never forget his struggling for every breath, so I don't have much sympathy for people who feel they have a RIGHT to poison the air that others breath. I think they SHOULD have smoker's clubs, but I think common public areas should be off limits. My opinion.
Oddball
Posted 2009-03-21 10:31 PM (#422262 - in reply to #422235)

Buckshot — what's with the soapbox? We all know smoking is bad. So's war, ear aches and sleeping with your neighbor's wife. If you like your lyrics, who cares what anyone else thinks? This ain't American Idol.

But if you ask for opinions, expect to get them.
guitarwannabee
Posted 2009-03-21 11:27 PM (#422263 - in reply to #422235)

we sure know where you stand with your veiws but you must understand where the ofc stands on talking about these kinda things.please slow it down to a roar or you will get a vacation right out of the gate as a newbee buckshotdad1960.GWB
PEZ
Posted 2009-03-21 11:38 PM (#422264 - in reply to #422235)

You might want to copy right your parity song
and try to licence it to people like Paul Shanklin.
But do it fast. Shelf life of something like this pretty short.
buckshotdad1960
Posted 2009-03-21 11:49 PM (#422265 - in reply to #422235)

Originally posted by bvince:
I appreciate anyone who has the guts to sit down and write songs, and then lay them out for public critique. I began writing songs a year ago when my daughter went off to Iraq. Being a freelance artist also, I know how it feels when a situation or experience sends one into the self-expression mode. Sometimes words can't express feelings as much as an image, or a tune with lots of minor chords. So my hat's off to ya'. With that said ... I also know that most of the people on this site are very passionate about music and their instruments, and that is why they joined this site. So please don't be dissappointed if a majority of them do not show interest in the topic of smoking. (even though it started as a song critique)

As far as smoking IS concerned ... I have a different opinion about public smoking. Aside from being highly allergic to cigarette smoke, I held my dad as he breathed his last breath last year, after a long, slow battle with lung cancer. I'll never forget his struggling for every breath, so I don't have much sympathy for people who feel they have a RIGHT to poison the air that others breath. I think they SHOULD have smoker's clubs, but I think common public areas should be off limits. My opinion.
buckshotdad1960
Posted 2009-03-21 11:51 PM (#422266 - in reply to #422235)

Originally posted by bvince:

HHHHMMMM, at what point did I become the bad guy here I wonder? I did not want to get into a smoke no smoke debate. I think I made it clear that even though I like to smoke I’m aware that it’s not good for a person to smoke. I won’t put up one argument for smoking because there is not one! Not one! Wanna hear me say it again? Not one! I am aware of how my smoke affects a non smoker and go out of my way not to allow it to bother them! It’s the same courtesy I would show others if I had bad breath or had eaten beans the night before. As a hunter I am always even aware of when a person is down wind of me when I’m working and sweating and have underarm odor! True not every smoker is as courteous as I am so I sympathize with your plight!

I just wonder how many nonsmokers out there though can think for themselves. In the world of propaganda there is information, misinformation and disinformation! In the battle for hearts and minds can you tell them apart? Please give some thought to how the few control the many. You might be surprised with what you come up with.

I to have lost people to cancer. I feel for your loss. It may have been cancer that took your father but I dare say you would have taken his death just as hard holding his hand if he had died in a car wreak or fire or even of a natural death like old age. Yes dieing premature does cheat us all of the time we might have been given here on the earth no matter by what means cheats us.

The government is run by lots of individual people. Yes there are clicks and groups and whole organizations and branches that act and think and move as one. But just as that is true, it is also true that when one group tells you a lie for the purpose of promoting there agenda another group will expose their lie with the truth. Example: The surge general declares war on cigarettes because they kill x number of people each year costing x amount of dollars that could have went to feed children or something. You’re now mad as hell at smokers and want to kill every one you find. But in reality he’s just hyping you up to put pressure of tobacco companies because their not sharing any of those tobacco dollars their making with him or spending them with his friends to help promote their agenda. Now it may be true that x amount of people do die and x amount of money is spent. But if you’ll turn to others, in the government, like those who put the statistics that they draw their information from. You might find that doctors accidentally kill more people in the operating room than are killed by cigarettes each year. The surgeon general forgot to mention that interesting little fact. I don’t however see anyone trying to ban doctor from hospitals though do you? Everything gives you cancer and everything kills you and while you and I are killing each other over smoke – no smoke, or pissing on ourselves because some fool put a ball through a hoop or crossed some line for a touch down, law makers are passing legislation slow but sure that takes away your rights and gives them more power! Is that the world you want to live in and pass on to your kids? Not very many times in life will you see them repel a law that they have passed. Once they make them their here to stay! One day you’ll wake up and find you have no rights about anything any more and you’ll scratch your head and wonder how that happened. Now you know!
buckshotdad1960
Posted 2009-03-22 12:11 AM (#422267 - in reply to #422235)

buckshotdad1960
Posted 2009-03-22 12:13 AM (#422268 - in reply to #422235)

Originally posted by buckshotdad1960:
By the way please allow me to thank you for the kind words about the song writting and let me express my appreciation to your daughter for her service to this nation. Without people like your daughter we would soon not have a nation! I sincerely hope she is returned to you safe and sound!

I was born on September 11. I too wrote a song about that. I tried for 7 years to get someone to help me make that song for the troops. I wanted it to be played over the armed services radio. What I learned from the military and private sector along the way in trying to do that would break your heart.
buckshotdad1960
Posted 2009-03-22 12:19 AM (#422269 - in reply to #422235)

Originally posted by WCL:
Ha, not at all Buckshot, it was a joke; besides, what's there to be afraid of?
The only thing you have to fear is fear itself!

Lets see, who said that? LOL
buckshotdad1960
Posted 2009-03-22 12:24 AM (#422270 - in reply to #422235)

Originally posted by guitarwannabee:
we sure know where you stand with your veiws but you must understand where the ofc stands on talking about these kinda things.please slow it down to a roar or you will get a vacation right out of the gate as a newbee buckshotdad1960.GWB
Roger that red dog leader!
I have those Coordinates!

HELL FIRE!
HELL FIRE!
HELL FIRE!

DEATH IS ON THE WING!

ONLY GOD CAN REDEEM THE DEAD NOW!

I would like to talk about the song.
buckshotdad1960
Posted 2009-03-22 12:31 AM (#422271 - in reply to #422235)

Originally posted by PEZ:
You might want to copy right your parity song
and try to licence it to people like Paul Shanklin.
But do it fast. Shelf life of something like this pretty short.
I own some copyrights already, but I'm not interested in that here. If you would like to take the song and run with it please feel free to do so. Autograph me a copy and send it to me, I'd like to hear it! Good luck!
buckshotdad1960
Posted 2009-03-22 12:34 AM (#422272 - in reply to #422235)

Originally posted by Oddball:
Buckshot — what's with the soapbox? We all know smoking is bad. So's war, ear aches and sleeping with your neighbor's wife. If you like your lyrics, who cares what anyone else thinks? This ain't American Idol.

But if you ask for opinions, expect to get them.
Oddball, your the man! Nothing gets by you!
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2009-03-22 2:02 AM (#422273 - in reply to #422235)

Well it appears this has run its course.

buckshotdad1960, we talk about Ovation Guitars here, and sometimes go off-topic on music related things like song writing, and even stuff that happens at gigs.. but that's it. Anything else take elsewhere.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2009-03-22 2:03 AM (#422274 - in reply to #422235)

Well it appears this has run its course.

buckshotdad1960, we talk about Ovation Guitars here, and sometimes go off-topic on music related things like song writing, and even stuff that happens at gigs.. but that's it. Anything else take elsewhere.

Please Re-read the Terms of Service and Code Of Conduct

before posting again.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)