The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
OT-Another site suffers loss

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

beatlejuice53
Posted 2009-03-24 6:37 PM (#421841)
Subject: OT-Another site suffers loss

I hadn't been to the Alembic Club site for a long time. Out of curiosity I went there to see what I had missed. Not sure how many are familiar with Alembics, but they make very high dollar and very nice instruments(mainly bases). They show a monthly "Featured Custom" instrument on their home page. I was surprised to see a 12 year old bass as this month's 'Featured Custom". When I read the article I found out that it's owner had died of a very rare disease. His name was Paul Lindemans. His loss to the Alembic Club would be like us losing Dave, Miles or Al. I had the occassion to have conversations with him several times and read many others that he had had with other members. Although I never met or talked to him directly, his loss was very sad to me as well as the other members.
Bill
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Trader Jim
Posted 2009-03-24 7:50 PM (#421842 - in reply to #421841)
Subject: Re: OT-Another site suffers loss

Sorry to hear about that Bill. It's tough to loose people even if you never really met them in person. There are a lot of people here that I would definitely miss if they were gone.
Weaser P
Posted 2009-03-24 7:58 PM (#421843 - in reply to #421841)
Subject: Re: OT-Another site suffers loss

And I'll echo TJ's sentiments. It's funny how you can become so a part of an "extended" family that a loss of someone you've never met really affects you but I would certainly miss many of the people here if that time came.

I'm sorry for your loss, Bill.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)