The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
2 sightings, sort of…

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

standing
Posted 2009-04-09 2:17 AM (#419822)
Subject: 2 sightings, sort of…

Two weeks ago, I saw Chris Knight in concert, and one of his band members played several songs on an Ovation mandolin. I went up to the stage and talked to him afterward, and he said he loves it, and also has an Ovation guitar at home. Then he said, "do they still make mandolins?" I told him that, as far as I know they did, unless something changed that I had not heard about…

Tonight, I saw the E-Street Band with that lead singer with way too much energy for his age ;)
…and sure enough, Little Steven played an Ovation mandolin on several songs. I was unable to go up to the stage and discuss it with him, however. ;)

So, just for fun, I came home and checked the current Ovation price list. I had no idea that they made a mandolin with a list price over $2,000. I think I will show that to SWMBO; "look dear, this little tiny one costs $2,000, so If I can find a great big one for that price, it would be too good a bargain to pass up, dontcha think?" ;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BT717
Posted 2009-04-09 5:08 AM (#419823 - in reply to #419822)
Subject: Re: 2 sightings, sort of…

I like the way you think! ;) :)
TAFKAR
Posted 2009-04-09 9:21 AM (#419824 - in reply to #419822)
Subject: Re: 2 sightings, sort of…

Why do we keep thinking that SWMBOs will respond to logic (or our logic anyway) when history tells us that they won't?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)