The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New Fender Cyber Twin CE 2x12 Query?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Northcountry
Posted 2009-04-10 3:47 PM (#419565)
Subject: New Fender Cyber Twin CE 2x12 Query?

Have not been able to find a better stage amp than this built by anyone yet. I need something that is capable of doing what I need now for the larger venue stuff, and I like the sounds of this amp better than the Marshall's or the Mesa's and others I've tried.

Problem is I want to run in true stereo. This amp has a stereo line out but it is only good for their 4x10 Stereo cabinet or so they say? This must be wrong............I hate the store guy's who really only know what is in the brochures.
I don't get it........I want to run two seperated 2x12 cabinets, on stage, for a true stereo effect but to do this I am told I need to disconnect one of my speakers and run a cab off this line?
Why?? if I was going to do this then I don't want one side to end up with one 12" speaker and the other running a 2x12 cab. This sounds stupid..........Why can't I run a stereo cable out of the stereo line out into seperate cabs?? Or if this won't work then why can't I disconnect the two speakers and run a cab right off of each of these lines??

Can't believe all the things these amps can do but I can run two seperate speaker boxes off it.
Does anyone in here know more about these amps"? I am sure someone does.... has anyone ever rigged one like this.

? Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MusicMishka
Posted 2009-04-10 3:57 PM (#419566 - in reply to #419565)
Subject: Re: New Fender Cyber Twin CE 2x12 Query?

If it's a true stereo AUX speaker line out, you should be able to do it...Goggle Fender and look for support for the info you need.
Northcountry
Posted 2009-04-10 4:09 PM (#419567 - in reply to #419565)

Yep did that. Twice now. Here's the responses, not that anyone cares and not that I am raggin on fender, I just would like to know why I can run two 2x12's. Seems a reasonable expectation from a $1,700 combo amp with all the capabilities this one has.

Here's my questions, and the answers from Fender....

question.......Hey guy's I am planning on buying one of your new Cyber Twins. I am also considering buying a stereo head. Not sure what way to go........ Curious.........? If I buy the SE twin, I see this now has an external speaker option. Question..?.....Is this amp capable of running two separate cabinets so I can separate them a few feet to get that great stereo effect? Or do I need to get a Stereo head instead and go that way?? I like having the amp to use at some gig's and the option of plugging into dual cabs for the bigger gig's

Answer........b/c the amp is a stereo amp, you will have to unplug one of the speakers and then plug in the ext cab. By doing this you will lose one speaker in the amp.

Second Question.......Sorry to be so dense but these Newer SE amps have a speaker out connection already so you can plug into a 4 X 12 cab. Do they not have a stereo out so I can run one right and one left 2 x 12 cab?

Second Answer.........Yes, you will need 412 wired for stereo use

Ed Treat

Fender Consumer Relations

Fender Musical Instruments Corp.

8860 East Chaparral Road, Suite 100

Scottsdale, AZ 85250-2610

Telephone: 480-596-9690 ex. 7274

Fax: 480-367-5262

E-mail: etreat@fender.com
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2009-04-10 4:56 PM (#419568 - in reply to #419565)

WE need some clarification. It might be the terms you are using that's getting you the run around.

" This amp has a stereo line out but it is only good for their 4x10 Stereo cabinet or so they say?"

"LINE out" cannot run a "speaker", so lets stop right at that point.

So my questions are..

1. Do you want to run two 2x12 combos ? Basically two amps side x side?

2. Do you want to run one stereo amp out two cabinets, each cabinet containing a 2 x 12, one cab acting as LEFT and the other acting as RIGHT

3. Do you want either of the above but ON TOP of each other so there will be 2 speakers (verically) for LEFT and the other two (vertically) for the right?

-mkb
ProfessorBB
Posted 2009-04-10 5:05 PM (#419569 - in reply to #419565)

If it is a true stereo amp, then it shouldn't take a lot of effort to rewire some speaker jacks to provide for both internal and external speaker configurations, provided the amp has sufficient power. I have a Yamaha true stereo PA system with 8 channels, each of which has a variable pan control from full L to full R for the channel output, with four speaker output jacks, two left and two right. It is an analog system I bought new in the early 1980's and each channel can be dialed in with its own unique blend mix. For years, I ran a stereo cable from the guitar's stereo output jack into two channels panned wide apart, but kept the mic channel (and other mono instrument channels) panned in the middle. More recently, I use two separate but identical acoustic amps (as monitors), each receiving a separate signal from the guitar, then run an XLR out from each amp to a separate channel on the PA for the house. This is a pretty simple system, but the effect is wonderful and it works for me.
Northcountry
Posted 2009-04-10 6:59 PM (#419570 - in reply to #419565)

Miles in either of the questions I asked Fender I never said Line out. Sorry for the clarification that is now needed to make this question even more confusing.
I think I have been pretty clear since the beginning (except for one wrong word)..........I want to run two seperate cabs..............not amps........

Fender has a great 130 watt super sounding combo amp that I love. It was designed to do everything Fender ever offered in one amp basically...... The newest versions have a stereo speaker out capability. Fender only mentions that this feature is good for running a 4x10 or a 4x12 cab that they offer for sale. It says the 4 way cab is a stereo cab. If it is then this is sending one signal to the left speakers and one to the right speakers within this cab....right??
I have been pretty clear that I want to run two 2 x 12" speaker CABS off this amp on some occasions several feet apart. So I am trying to find someone who can tell me if this is possible.
For this answer you will either need to be a total amp tech guru or know what the Fender Cyber Twin CE can do. And you will have to forgive me if I make one mistake in my terminology and be able to see what I am asking, as I am not a tech head at all. But with my questions to Fender I was pretty clear about what I want to do.
I just do not understand how an amp that is already wired in stereo (to the two speakers it already has and it and that also has a stereo speaker out jack) can't be made to run two seperate cabs. So far I have not found anyone who can tell me if this can be done. And also a good reason why not. This amp should easily be capable of this. This is not new and it is not rocket science. Stereo Cabs are so cool.
BruDeV
Posted 2009-04-10 7:06 PM (#419571 - in reply to #419565)

I just looked at the 'Users Manual', you can use two seperate 2x12 cabinets. The manual says that the need to be 8 ohms per cabinet/output. Most 2x12 cabs are 4 ohms.
Northcountry
Posted 2009-04-10 8:05 PM (#419572 - in reply to #419565)

If it was that easy to find in a users manual then why the cryptic messages from Fender?

They suggest I have to unhook one of my speakers and rig it like that?

Thanks Brudev. This is encouraging, I know it must be possible, I will find someone in a shop somewhere who knows these amps and get better answers than the guy's at Fender. Apparently they are not worried about my $1700 on an Amp and an additional $1000 or so on two external cabs.
bcoombs
Posted 2009-04-13 7:05 PM (#419573 - in reply to #419565)

I think the strange answer from Fender assumed you wanted to use a single external cab along with your combo. To do this in stereo, you need to unhook one of the combo's speakers to free up its channel to run to an external cab. Or, you can you both provided jacks to run to two separate external cabs, bypassing the combo's speakers.
FlicKreno aka Solid Top
Posted 2009-04-13 11:36 PM (#419574 - in reply to #419565)

North ,
FENDER connected the built-in speakers by means of jacks , when you want to use another speaker, then all ya do is disconnect built-in speaker ( pull out jack ), and plug-in the other speaker-jack , do so for each channel , simple as pie , wether the outboard speaker cabs have 1 or 2 or more speakers do n`t matter , but may I suggest that ya use speakers of :
Considerable power-rating
Equal models to ensure even sound

V
Northcountry
Posted 2009-04-14 1:45 PM (#419575 - in reply to #419565)

I got fed up with not recieving a timely answer to a simple question. At least my question should be simple to Fender as they know this equipment, they built it.

I am glad I did as I began a search of Craigslist within a 200 mile area for a Fender Cyber Twin Stereo Head, instead of the combo amp. I found one for $300 and after a 5 hour drive one way yesterday I now own it. Actually "I stole it" would be more appropriate.

It is the newest version the 1.3 version in pristine condiditon and it has all the foot pedals and motorized knobs for the settings.

I am looking at a couple of Crate Stacks I found fairly cheap I am thinking of using as my Cabs, until I can find some nice 2 X 12" fender equipment.

By the way anyone who wants, and can afford, what has to be the most amazing sounding amp for an electric guitar...??.. buy yourself A Hughes & Kettner head. These All Tube amps are absolute sound monsters if you want the crunchy, deep, or smooth, distortion sounds. The guy I bought my Cyber Twin Head from had one of these as it's replacment.
Lots of bucks but really impressive.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)