The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Strings and things

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

nikon4004
Posted 2009-04-11 2:49 PM (#419365)
Subject: Strings and things

For years I've played a Matrix 12 string and I liked the tone of silk and steel strings. I just purchased a Celebrity Deliy 6 string. Wat are your string preferences. Playiong mainly folkstyle/fingerpicking. Does not necessarioy need to be loud. Looking for tone more than anything.... :confused:
Top of the page Bottom of the page
CanterburyStrings
Posted 2009-04-11 4:27 PM (#419366 - in reply to #419365)
Subject: Re: Strings and things

This subject has been discussed SO many times here. Do a search and you'll find dozens of threads about string preferences. There are probably as many opinions as there are members here. Best advice I can give you is to try as many different brands as you can, and go with whatever sounds/feels best to you.
MusicMishka
Posted 2009-04-11 4:35 PM (#419367 - in reply to #419365)
Subject: Re: Strings and things

I think for folk/fingerstyle you'll want a phosphor bronze like D'addairio's or Elixir's if you want strings that last and hold tone...as Leslie (CS) said, it's pretty much up to you and your preference...silk and steel (Martin) strings are very nice and sound mellow...again it's your choice...do a search or two here and read the results and opinions...and enjoy!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)