The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Which Ovations are non-electric?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> Welcome CenterMessage format

Manitas de la Saquatch
Posted 2011-04-18 5:37 PM (#1685)
Subject: Which Ovations are non-electric?

HI,

I purchased my CC11 in August and have begun the fun of learning to play. I am aiming towards Spanish/Flamenco music, only for myself, too self-conscious to ever play for anyone other than my wife.

What I am wanting to know is, were there/are there any Ovations that were just a straight classical, nylon stringed, no electronics involved, models ever made? If so, what are they and how rare are they?

Manitas
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Templeman
Posted 2011-04-18 5:48 PM (#1686 - in reply to #1685)
Subject: Re: Which Ovations are non-electric?

up until the early-80's just about every Ovation model was offered as an Acoustic-only with an electic option. By the mid-80's the vast majority of production had electronics, and with the exception of a handful of limited editions it's been that way ever since. So you're looking for the 1113 Classic, 1116 Concert Classic, 1124 Country Artist and 1122 Classic Balladeer. None except the 1122 are particularly rare and crop up quite often on ebay, usually at bargain prices because most people want the electric versions
Manitas de la Saquatch
Posted 2011-04-18 5:56 PM (#1687 - in reply to #1685)
Subject: Re: Which Ovations are non-electric?

Thank you Paul.
I will start prowling the local shops and ebay for one of them. I have had the opportunity to hear and play an Ibanez and a Cordoba 45 against my Celebrity and find that mine sounds as good to me as either of the others. Maybe that will change with time, but even my friend, a long time player, says it sounds really good.

Thanks
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)