The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Problem with Elite graphics equliser

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Members Forums -> General PostingMessage format

Geoff_Emm
Posted 2011-06-01 1:08 PM (#351598)
Subject: Problem with Elite graphics equliser

Hi,
I'm looking for info on my Ovation Elite. I’ve had my left handed model (# L778) since new, about six years or so, during which time it has been well looked after and is in immaculate condition, mainly because I don’t often play it. I have cheaper lesser beasties that I hawk round to the jam sessions etc., and it doesn’t matter if beer gets spilt over them, but my Elite! Anyhow, it spends most of its time in its case on top of my wardrobe, but taking it down recently for a bit of sexy strumming it sounded terrible through the amp, like scratchy and tinny. Fist things first, of course, I changed the battery, but it was still the same, even trying it on different amps. So I’ve a feeling the graphic equaliser is on the blink, but how to get in and take it out, much less find if and where I can get a replacement, is something that so far has proved impossible. If anyone can help with this or has other suggestions, I’m all ears

Geoff
Top of the page Bottom of the page
FlySig
Posted 2011-06-01 6:50 PM (#351599 - in reply to #351598)
Subject: Re: Problem with Elite graphics equliser

My guess is that it is the pickup or the wiring. Start with the wiring. Plug and unplug the pickup from the can inside the guitar. Plug and unplug the cable that goes to the output jack. Finally, plug the guitar in using a known good cable and wiggle the plug gently in the jack to see if it is making good contact.

And try a different new battery just to make sure it isn't.

The electronics module itself is not a highly likely failure point, though it is certainly possible. I've had an OpPro Studio go bad, with different symptoms (lots of clicking noises).
Waskel
Posted 2011-06-01 8:06 PM (#351600 - in reply to #351598)
Subject: Re: Problem with Elite graphics equliser

Everything Fly said. And make sure the 1/4" jack is secure in it's hole, not spinning - or trying to spin - and the connections to it are good.
Oh, and if all of that fails... has anything been done to the bridge lately? Maybe removed a shim? If so, the pickup may not be seated properly in the saddle.
Does it have the OP-Pro preamp?

Must be a fan of Emmerick's, eh?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)