The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Looking for "lefty" for 12 yr. old...

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

Woz
Posted 2002-05-31 9:32 AM (#343992)
Subject: Looking for "lefty" for 12 yr. old...

I want to start the kid off with an "easy" to play lefty. Very open to condition. He can only mow the lawn so many times. I have my eye on ebay.
Thanks. Woz
Top of the page Bottom of the page
marleysghost
Posted 2002-06-16 9:20 PM (#343993 - in reply to #343992)
Subject: Re: Looking for "lefty" for 12 yr. old...

Why are you teaching a 12 yr old to play lefty? As a lefty myself, I have spent 30 years staring wistfully at beautiful guitars I could not play because they were righty, and searching in vain at music stores for the elusive lefty. :(
moody, p.i.
Posted 2002-06-16 10:19 PM (#343994 - in reply to #343992)

I'm left handed and play right. Tell your son that it puts his good hand on the fingerboard. It's silly to start him playing left handed and limits temendously his choice of instruments.

Oddly, one of my best friends is right handed and plays left. When he and his brothers were kids, he always had to be "Paul".
Jeff
Posted 2002-06-17 3:46 PM (#343995 - in reply to #343992)

I don't know what to make of my situation... I do everything else right handed, but for some reason I play guitar and swing a golf club (or baseball bat) lefty. It's probably some subliminal thing I picked up as a kid, since Paul was always my favorite Beatle growing up -- but that still wouldn't explain the golf swing though, would it?

Anyway, when I decided to take up the guitar my first instructor tried for about two months to encourage me to play righty, but I just couldn't do it! I tried, but the coordination just wasn't there. But I, too, feel your pain, marleysghost. I know the frustration of walking into a guitar shop and seeing all those beautiful axes on the wall and not beeing able to play a one of them. It's disheartening to say the least. But interestingly, of all my Ovation's, the only one that's actually a "factory" lefty is my Elite. All my others are non-cutaway, right handed guitars that I've changed over.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)