The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Delux Custom Legend & Country Artist

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

George
Posted 2002-06-30 12:36 AM (#343803)
Subject: Delux Custom Legend & Country Artist

Greetings from Denton,Texas Ovation fans! I'm new on this site and have been playing Ovation guitars since around 1970. My first was a wideneck nylon string which I traded in,around 1972, on a narrow neck nylon string model 1624-4 which has 14 frets above the body, which I believe was called the "Country Artist". I still have this guitar which looks as good as new and sounds great.

I was an airline pilot for Delta and met a singer/guitarist who was playing at the Hilton right across from Atlanta Hartsfield using a "Deluxe Country Legend" with a red top, and of course metal strings. I had to have one and even copied his use of a "JAX" sideman which my wife and I used to entertain for several years from clubs and church to political promotional benefits. Sang for John Connelly when he ran for Pres.

My Deluxe Custom Legend is model 1619-4 and I just put new strings on it and it (of course) still sounds great.Ser. # is 168735. Now that I'm retired I have more time to play and am enjoying it. Good pickin' and grinnin' to all you Ovation players out there!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2002-06-30 8:07 AM (#343804 - in reply to #343803)
Subject: Re: Delux Custom Legend & Country Artist

george
welcome aboard
next time post this in the bulletin board section and not the for sale section more folks will probably read it.
hope you enjoy the board and participate often
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)