The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Can anyone help me with my two posts 5 and 6 down from here ??????

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

mikea70065
Posted 2002-08-12 5:03 AM (#343720)
Subject: Can anyone help me with my two posts 5 and 6 down from here ??????

I included the pic and all, and no one has responded to me. I just want to know what is a fair asking price for this mint condition 12 string Balladeer 1755. I have been it's only owner, and it was very well taken care of. If anyone here is interested please email me at:
[email]maston@peoplepc.com[/email]

Thanks,
Mike from New Orleans
:)

[ August 12, 2002: Message edited by: mikea70065 ]
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2002-08-12 7:10 AM (#343721 - in reply to #343720)
Subject: Re: Can anyone help me with my two posts 5 and 6 down from here ??????

How much is my guitar worth is a question that gets asked over and over and over. If you do some simple research on the site you can find some ways to answering your own question. I guess folks here just get tired of that question and they are not ignoring you. I am sure if you asked any other question you would have a dozen responses.
try checking out the FAQ section on determining prices.
try a completed auction search on ebay.
buy vintage guitar or 20th century guitar mags and do a search.
or send me detailed pics and $25 and I will write an appraisal.

[ August 12, 2002: Message edited by: alpep ]
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2002-08-12 2:41 PM (#343722 - in reply to #343720)
Subject: Re: Can anyone help me with my two posts 5 and 6 down from here ??????

Pricing of used guitars is VERY subjective and that's why folks tend to stay away from the question, for other than an actual appraixsal for insurance purposes. You could have a guitar, like a recent solidbody I can think of, that is probably "worth" 5 or 6 thousand dollars, but no one is interested in buying it for more than 2K. On the other hand, I have seen people (of me) pay twice what a guitar is worth because it's the ONE I want for some reason.
As Al stated, check closed auctions on eBay, that is the best "pulse" of the current market. Check prices on gBase, as they tend to be the high-end of the market. Then decide how much YOU want to sell it for. How much would make YOU comfortable. Even if you looked in the Blue Book of guitars, that is almost no indication of what someone will or will not pay. I think Deacons are still listed at $500 plus, I just paid 325 for one. It's all subjective I'm sorry to say.
Do the research, list it, and if you don't get what you want... list it again. Eventually someone will bite.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)