The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
1117 Balladeer - excellent condition

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

busker
Posted 2002-09-08 3:01 PM (#343665)
Subject: 1117 Balladeer - excellent condition

I'm clearing out my late uncle's attic and the Ovation given him by my aunt for their 1st anniversary on July 9 1980 looks virtually untouched in the case. There are 2 numbers: "Model No. 1117" and another number higher up the body on a label: "OVATION 221284".
My aunt is selling all mementoes and I want her to get a fair deal. Am I correct that this is a G Campbell standard bowl Balladeer circa 1967-1968 and that the Bluebook will give me an idea of used prices for this model? Thank you very much. Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2002-09-08 3:14 PM (#343666 - in reply to #343665)
Subject: Re: 1117 Balladeer - excellent condition

Chris, by the model number, it's a Legend which is pretty much the same as a Glen Campbell model, but it has the deep bowl. From the serial number, it was built in 1981. So she must have given it to him after that time. Check the Ovation home page. They have this information there. The guitar is probably worth about $350-$400.
busker
Posted 2002-09-08 5:33 PM (#343667 - in reply to #343665)
Subject: Re: 1117 Balladeer - excellent condition

Thanks v much for this prompt and expert reply. I wanted to reply direct to Paul n save clogging the Bulletin but I couldn't see how. Anyway, it's a chance to hail this club n board as clearly peopled by professionals and nice guys, to boot. Yeah, looks like Aunt Georgina's memory clock is a little out on account of the grief but she got it about right. Maybe the 3rd anniv when things were looking up for them. Anyway, thnx for steering me right on age, model etc n that gives me a good idea what's a fair $$ to try for Aunt G. - Again, awed thanks, Chris
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)