The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
looking for large delrin or tusq saddle

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

snowlock
Posted 2002-09-21 2:14 PM (#343639)
Subject: looking for large delrin or tusq saddle

Hey, guys. Tom here. I'm looking for a large-style delrin or tusq saddle that will fit on my Custom Balladeer. I'm thinking about acousticizing the guitar, but I dont want to just chop the electics off mine without a backup. Thanks...

[ September 21, 2002: Message edited by: snowlock ]
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Beal
Posted 2002-09-22 8:06 PM (#343640 - in reply to #343639)
Subject: Re: looking for large delrin or tusq saddle

Call Budney at the factory, all kinds of stuff hanging out there, maybe he can help you.
snowlock
Posted 2002-09-22 9:40 PM (#343641 - in reply to #343639)
Subject: Re: looking for large delrin or tusq saddle

Cool. So what's the best way to get a hold of Budney?

By the way, I actually plugged it in yesterday to try it out.
(I had to put a battery in first. The one in there said "best if used by 1993!" So it was probably the original battery or very close to it.)
Anyway, I was suprized at how good it sounded. I actually liked the plugged-in sound!!
I've been annoyed by thinlines before due to them being a bit "poppy" and sometimes plasticy/trebley sounding, but thats personal opinion and a differnt story. ;)
So, I may keep it plug-in-able, but the prob is, theres something in there that occationally gives a litte rattle, most likely some loose screws. And it's so much harder for me to work on center-soundhole ovations, that I know I'm going to really put doing that off.
I just wish I had a diagram of the inside or something so I know what exactly I'm touching in there, and where all the screws are, what I need to tighten, etc...

Can anyone tell me how to tighten the screws for the preamp? I found a screw, but it's about impossible to reach with a tool, so I'm guessing theres another one I'm overlooking. Thanks.

[ September 23, 2002: Message edited by: snowlock ]
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)