The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Elite 1858 12-String for sale $350

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

Bradley
Posted 2003-06-04 9:32 PM (#342963)
Subject: Elite 1858 12-String for sale $350

I'm finally getting around to selling off some guitars. My wife has to go back home to the Philippines, so I need the money right now.

This is a guitar I bought off of E-Bay to be fixed up. The top had a couple of cracks that I repaired. I tried to re-finish the top, but I didn't do a good job.

Also, the truss rod is broken. Truss rod adjustments are done inside the body via an access panel in the back of the guitar with a long allen wrench. The previous owner stripped the part the allen wrench goes into, so it can't be adjusted.

When I got this guitar, it wasn't playable. It is now playable, but still needs work. It has sat for over 6 months, but when I took it out a little while ago to put new string on, it was still in tune.

It comes with an Ovation case. I bought the case off of E-Bay. It was new, but damaged (gee, a matched set). There is a square piece missing from the bottem edge of the top of the guitar. I have it covered with black tape, but I sure there is a better way to fix this.

The electronics work. I just plugged the guitar in and played away for a while.

Botton line, this is fixer-upper. It is playable, looks ugly, and needs someone who knows what they're doing to look it over and fix it.

But for $350, might be worth it.

If anyone is interested, let me know. Otherwise, back to E-Bay it goes.

P.S. There is a picture of it in the gallery under Bradley.

Bradley
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)