The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New Guy

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

Gstrat
Posted 2003-07-22 3:18 PM (#342766)
Subject: New Guy

Hey everyone. Been playing electric for a few years and I want to get an acoustic. I remember when Ovations first came out. I should have bought one then. I've been around awhile. I am going into this blind. Thinkin' about a Balladeer. I've got up to a grand to spend. Any suggestions?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2003-07-22 4:30 PM (#342767 - in reply to #342766)
Subject: Re: New Guy

you have many options in that price range. check out my website and see if anything looks good to you
and welcome to the message boards
Standingovation
Posted 2003-07-22 6:01 PM (#342768 - in reply to #342766)

If I had a spare grand to spend, I'd blow it on an Ovation MOB plus a real surfboard to go along with it. I'm only half joking ... But really for 1G you can get a great Ovation. I think I've seen Legends for under 1G. Of course the used market is just ripe with great deals. I just got a '97 Collectors for $385. Dave
MG Memmott
Posted 2003-07-22 8:17 PM (#342769 - in reply to #342766)

I have a year old Balledeer 1771 Natural that I am looking to sell. They go for about 7-8 new, I am asking 6oo for it. if you are interested, let me know. I can send you some pics.
MG Memmott
Posted 2003-07-22 8:19 PM (#342770 - in reply to #342766)

I forgot to leave you the way to reach me... e-mail at mgmem@hotmail.com
Shaft
Posted 2003-07-22 11:38 PM (#342771 - in reply to #342766)

I have got a great Model 1112-4 built in '75. I love this deep bowl. I was first turned on to it by the guy who first got me into music. He's an original owner of the same model from 1968.
I have been eyeing a '97 collectors.
Hopefully I can sneak it by my sex kitten without her knowing.
an4340
Posted 2003-07-30 2:55 PM (#342772 - in reply to #342766)

I suppose it depends what you want to do with the guitar. These are just my feelings. I'm sure the more experienced people have more educated opinions. If you're looking to get something to take to the beach in the summer and to the snowboard trip in the winter, then the MOB is it. Great for entertaining yourself, friends and family. If it's to play at home, with the occassional coffee house, then go with the balladeer, and while I don't play in church, it would fit in there too. I haven't tried the legend though I've seen those at musician's friend for under 1K including a case. Before I make any recommendations, I want to try it. But it seems to be in the range of the serious player and just in your price range. Also, if you're an electric player, the elite special T, maybe a good way to go. A friend of mine whose a mercenary here in NYC, and has a band mate with one, raves about it. I haven't tried it, but he makes it sound like a great gigging guitar for a sweaty club. Anyway, that's my two cents.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)