The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Bridge question

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

SouthernOvationFan
Posted 2003-10-30 4:34 PM (#342330)
Subject: Bridge question

How many different woods has Ovation used on their guitar bridges? I know they have used Walnut, Ebony, and I think Rosewood. Any advantages to each kind of wood? Seems to me Ebony would be very good for a bridge, and would last along time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Blanchard
Posted 2003-11-15 2:52 PM (#342331 - in reply to #342330)
Subject: Re: Bridge question

This is a question that should be posted on the discussion board, if it hasn't been. I am sure there are a number of reasons for the choice of woods for bridge, primarily being the suitability of the wood for the application as well as how well it matches with the wooden top for ideal tone.
Standingovation
Posted 2003-11-15 3:44 PM (#342332 - in reply to #342330)
Subject: Re: Bridge question

Bridge materials are not necessarily chosen based on suitability for the job alone. Cost is a major factor. The original Ovations all had Braziallian rosewood bridges but then switched to Walnut for economic reasons. Walnut is not superior to Rosewood in terms of performance. As far as Ebony goes, I'm not sure. Maybe that came about as a desire to have a dark color bridge to match black or brak color soundboards. Not sure. I am sure that it would be difficult for any of to descern any audible difference between the three. Dave
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)