The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation Balladeer 1966 - SNr. #151

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

Ralph-Flinn
Posted 2003-11-09 1:08 PM (#342262)
Subject: Ovation Balladeer 1966 - SNr. #151

Hi,

this is a really 1966 Ovation. The truss rod cover seems to me - is a new one.
On early Ovations there is no rule to say when it's built. Because they tried a lot in these early days. I have o lot of this old stuff and I know what I'm talking about. But a perfect detail is the rosette. Yours is a really 1966 built Ovation Balladeer. Only earlier models have no rosette!

In 1967 they have tried to make the perfect rosette. So there you can find a lot of variations in mounting the rosette. I'm owning a few of these variations.

I'm not interested just to collect these models - No! I'm playing them on stage since years in Germany! There is no better guitar for me. And I've tried a lot. Also Martins. They have a good sound, too, but I do still have a tuning-problem with them.

So, congratulations - your guitar is really from the beginning and everything is genuine ecept he truss-rod-cover. I have an early Ovation with wood binding. Yours has still a plastic-binding I think. But - there's no rule. They had finished some bowls with top earlier to meke complete guitars later. That's the reason why there's no rule.

Best wishes

Ralf

:)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)