The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
okay whos the lucky bastard with the GP???

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

GregDK
Posted 2003-11-28 10:40 AM (#342252 - in reply to #342227)
Subject: Re: okay whos the lucky bastard with the GP???

hi paul,
as far as I know the man besides nick olivieri just uses ONE mastersound 520 to say it exactly.
are you from the fashion police? why shouldn't a u.s. citizen like an australian guitar?
the f-holes are machine made, the phil manning is pure craftsmen work ;-)
------------------------
GregDK@crankmusic.com
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Templeman
Posted 2003-11-28 11:19 AM (#342253 - in reply to #342227)

There is no reason why a US citizen shouldn't like an Aussie guitar. It's just that the majority of Maton's are OK guitars & there are so many US brands which are vastly superior
GregDK
Posted 2003-11-29 7:37 AM (#342254 - in reply to #342227)

well paul,

what should I say now? I tested the maton mastersound 2000 and own the pm1. these are both good guitars. the pm1 is in my opinion really a guitar that deserves the word custom in its name. you would never buy a fender flame if you've played a pm1.

a comment to your vastly superior u.s. brands: you can say what you want but the art of manufacturing musical instruments is very young in the u.s. when you watch the knowledge of instrument makers in saxonia, bavaria and upper italy. and so it doesn't wonder that you'll never buy a GIBSON LesPaul if you just one time played the copy of HOFNER or HOPF.
During the time I tested all products of Gibson, Fender, Guild, Heritage, PRS and many others and in the end my result is that you can forget all if you want real high end guitars.
why should I pay so many money if I've got to change all the settings of a guitar.
the only exceptions in my opinion are the gibson marauder, gretsch 6128T, Ampeg Dan Armstrong and of course OVATION guitars.

ok the taste of everybody is different but I don't care here now. the first time I saw my 1291 uk2 I also thought that it's not the beauty I'd like to play but that changed within minutes. this is also one of the really few guitars where everything fits. the size of the frets, weight, balance, sustain and number of soundmodification without effects is making it to a superior guitar.
and don't forget the 1431e the best stud guitar I've ever tested although it was expensive in '84 and it's more expensive today.

---------------------------------
GregDK@crankmusic.com
ickygoo
Posted 2003-11-29 8:21 AM (#342255 - in reply to #342227)

I know about them and like them because a shop next to my house IN AMERICA carries them - both acoustic and the Mastersounds. Sorry to disappoint...well, not really.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)