The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Great Place to Buy an Ovation

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

WAOvation
Posted 2003-11-12 9:15 PM (#342209)
Subject: Great Place to Buy an Ovation

A lot of folks on this list know him, but as a junior member to this list who never heard of Al Pepiak until this month and to people who have never done business with him I just want to say that Al is a great person to get an Ovation from. I’ve never had a better experience in a long distance purchase. My BRAND new 1863-4, Legend Classic, which is a Shallow Cutaway straight from the Factory, just arrived tonight and let me tell you it's smooth as silk. Al was professional, negotiated a fair price with me, communicated well on e-mail and the telephone, is very knowledgeable yet humble, not a pushy sales person, very helpful, and he’s a pretty funny guy too. Now seeing that I never have met Al, I am new to this list, and I live about 3000 miles away you might say I was taking a risk at buying a guitar that retails for about $1800 with OHSC. Well it was no risk. The transaction was absolutely safe, the instrument arrived in premier shape, is beautiful and plays well and I am a happy customer. My guess is that many others on this list have had the same experience-I just wanted to share mine. If you’re thinking about a new or unique Ovation for the holidays or other, get a hold of Al Pepiak (Alpep@aol.com) of Lost Art Vintage Instruments

Craig :)

1863-4 Legend Classic (2003)
1612-4 Custom Balladeer (Original Owner since 1980)
1515D-4 Ultra Deluxe 12 String (Bridge Repair on the way!-thanks Nils and seesquare)
Photos soon to come!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Standingovation
Posted 2003-11-12 9:41 PM (#342210 - in reply to #342209)
Subject: Re: Great Place to Buy an Ovation

Craig,

Glad to hear you like your new guitar. But did you count your change? No, just kidding, Al is AOK. Welcome to the OFC.

Dave
WAOvation
Posted 2003-11-12 9:58 PM (#342211 - in reply to #342209)

I'd post what I actually paid for it but I'm afraid Ovation would drop Al as a distributor and my future purchases would suffer (lol). I'm only telling my wife what the actual cost was...well sort of...hehe.

Craig
alpep
Posted 2003-11-13 6:09 AM (#342212 - in reply to #342209)

Dealer agreements PROHIBIT the advertising or posting of anything but list price.
Tim in Yucaipa
Posted 2003-11-13 8:19 AM (#342213 - in reply to #342209)

I also will sing the "Praises of Al"! The contacts I've had with him [3000 miles for me also] (OP40 advice/purchase and 2001 Collector's Redwood) have been stellar. His attention to detail, customer satisfaction and personal integrity have been quite impressive. So much so, that I've sent an email to the good folks at Ovation commenting on what a great member of the "O" team he is.

So, Al, do I get that new Trace Amp now? :D

tim
willard
Posted 2003-11-13 11:11 AM (#342214 - in reply to #342209)

He does a nice job on guitar stands as well.
Tony Calman
Posted 2003-11-13 11:27 AM (#342215 - in reply to #342209)

Both Al and Miles host this site. Not the only reason we should seriously consider supporting them, but one of them.

Although, Miles is not an Ovation dealer as Al is, Miles is a collector who occasionally buys and sells. Their support is well appreciated by this member. No local guitar store in my area has earned my loyalty. The discounters on the internet do nothing but process an order. I expect to purchase a couple of new Ovation/Adamas in 2004. I will call Al to make the deal. I have already bought an older Storm Typhoon bass from Miles and will continue to check on what he has available.
willard
Posted 2003-11-13 12:32 PM (#342216 - in reply to #342209)

Miles did a remarkable job with an 30+ year old album of mine. It had been played to death and was full of snap crackel and pop. The result was really nice. I agree, we should support them as much as possible. (Cliff, as soon as I need a convention planned, I'll let you know.)
cliff
Posted 2003-11-13 12:46 PM (#342217 - in reply to #342209)

Thanks, Bill!
I could do a logo or an album cover too, if ya' ever need it. :D

If it wasn't for the "distance factor", I'd definitely consider using Miles' studio.
As far as Al goes, there isn't another place in the country that I'd go to for another Ovation.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-11-13 5:06 PM (#342218 - in reply to #342209)

Thanks guys,
Speaking of Album covers I need some artwork and liner notes for the OVation Fan CLub CD. I'm in the final stages and should have a song list/order by next week. I'm really pushing to get this up for the Holidays but I'm working on another suprise that you will all see in a couple of days too.

Miles
cliff
Posted 2003-11-13 5:32 PM (#342219 - in reply to #342209)

Do we have a title yet??
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-11-13 5:51 PM (#342220 - in reply to #342209)

Not locked in yet. I will present the top suggestions for choosing. In another thread.
alpep
Posted 2003-11-13 6:46 PM (#342221 - in reply to #342209)

Hey everyone.
thanks for the support.
stonebobbo
Posted 2003-11-13 7:20 PM (#342222 - in reply to #342209)

alpep Dealer agreements PROHIBIT the advertising or posting of anything but list price.

So how is it that Musicians Friend, Guitar Center, Music123 and the rest put out their catalogs and web pages with discounted prices? Sort of seems unfair to the smaller dealers and independents.
alpep
Posted 2003-11-13 11:09 PM (#342223 - in reply to #342209)

I am sorry you can post MAP price, but generally the big guys get away with this by giving you a cheapo case and free shipping so you get an extra discount. they can also buy in volumne or take hits on certain products to sell others and that is how they give their "deals".
Ultimately the guitars all come from the same place, it is how you package and sell them. There are deals to be had out there but remember if you shop "price" only you get what you pay for.
WAOvation
Posted 2003-11-14 7:45 PM (#342224 - in reply to #342209)

Customer Service is important to me too. With the ‘Big Guys’ you are just a number and customer service is not always their priority (“operators are standing by ready to take your order…”). With LostArtVintage you’re dealing with someone who really knows Ovations, who is actually known by people who built Ovations, you’re dealing with a person who is sincerely interested in making you happy, and someone who you can directly work with when there might be problems with the merchandise.
Paul Blanchard
Posted 2003-11-15 2:11 PM (#342225 - in reply to #342209)

I knew Al long before the OFC, because he was a regular on the Hamer Fan Club (to which I also belong.) Over the years I have come to know Al as a reliable and helpful person, and heartily recommend him as a source for guitars, etc. Buying from Al also, btw, helps support this Website!
Love Ovation guitar
Posted 2003-11-18 2:12 PM (#342226 - in reply to #342209)

Gee, Alpep, I am Catherine who just posted on here for the first time.Now this my first reply What can you tell me about the Cs 257-4 Celebrity Deluxe ac/el apparently after talking to Ovation, All Ovations are not made the same place. Some from Korea and some from the USA. What kind of deal do you have on the slim bowl 5 hole ac/el Ovation Natual finish? Are all of yours made in the USA? :)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)