The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Tá ceist agam!!!!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

sanfran
Posted 2003-11-15 5:41 PM (#342192)
Subject: Tá ceist agam!!!!

hi everyone, i'm new here- i own an ovation but know one knows how old it is(it came into our hands, legally!), it says model 1111 and 285281 is written elsewhere on it, its a natural colour, does anyone have any ideas as to how old it could be?, it has a jack on it, i wanted to get it modified so i could change the levels, pre amp because the sound at gigs now is awful! one sound man at a gig told me(quote!) "that is the worst guitar i've ever worked with"......
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2003-11-15 7:02 PM (#342193 - in reply to #342192)
Subject: Re: Tá ceist agam!!!!

What you have is a Balladeer, deep bowl, built in 1982. It was originally strictly an acoustic guitar. Somebody must have added an under saddle pick up. Take it to a good guitar tech and have him take out what's there and put something good in (Martin, L.R. Baggs, Fishman, etc). It will solve all your problems.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)