The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Just love that Ovation 12 string But...

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

Love Ovation guitar
Posted 2003-11-18 1:56 PM (#342183)
Subject: Just love that Ovation 12 string But...

Hi I am a new member to this Fan club. I didn't know there was one until about a month ago. I have an Ovation Legend 1756 Deep bowl 12 string acu/el and played it endlessly from 1984 to 1992 I have had it from brand new and also kept it in it's Ovation hard case, (well not when playing it..Ha ha!) But,in 1992 an auto accident left me unable to play it much at all. I am permanently disabled. However, I could not part with my guitar. When asked what I would take with me if I had to evacuate my home. My answer was and still is first my Photos then my 12 string Ovation. It is in mint condition and sounds great even after all these years of play then non play. I recently decided to try playing again on a more regular basis and just put up with the pain after as I really miss playing that guitar. I was looking to see what strings to buy when I came across this Fan Club BB. I also saw on another site an Ovation Celebrity Deluxe cs257 acu/el that was said to be brand new..but a closeout for only $359. I could hardly beleive my eyes. I made some iquiries and found that it has the older preamp with out the built in tuner. However, I have a Sabine ST-1000 Chromatic Tuner that I have used for my 12 string. So that wasn't that important to me.It is one that is made in Korea...that was a bit of a surprise. However, for the price and if it is light wieght with good sound is it still worth getting? What was important was How good is this Guitar? It is a slim shallow bowl...Well lucky me I just heard back from the rep at Ovation. A very helpful nice guy. He answered all my questions about the Celebrity Deluxe cs257. Not sure if I will get one or not...seems it being made in Korea but that it is not as good a quality as one that is made in the USA. However, he said it was still a good guitar that lists for $799. He said I may find some deals on ones made in the USA, but probably not at that low a price. So, all you other Ovation fans what do you think? I do not have the money to go buy anything over $400 right now as medical bills and my husband lost his higher paying job a few years ago, was out of work for over a year . Now likes his job, but it only pays about a third of what he used to make. I do not make much on disability as I was mostly a stay at home Mom when my kids were little. So I only get about 270 a month to live on from social security. This leaves me on a very tight budget. Actually the only reason I can even consider another guitar is because a friend recently came into some money and gave me $300 toward getting a guitar so that I may be able to play more without the severe pain that sets in when trying to play my 12 string. well this was a bit long Anyone have some input?
Sincerely, Catherine :rolleyes:
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2003-11-18 2:06 PM (#342184 - in reply to #342183)
Subject: Re: Just love that Ovation 12 string But...

Hi Catherine:

You should put a happy face on your signature, because you came to the right place.

I'm assuming that your Legend 12 is uncomfortable because of the size of the body? If that's the case, you might watch ebay for a supershallow bowl Legend 12. I've seen them for $400-$800.

You can get the Celebrity 12, but I think that next to your Legend, you're going to be very disappointed. It's not nearly as good a guitar. An 82 Legend 12 string is a wonderful instrument. And don't let the electronics sway you on your purchase. Ultimately, they don't make that much difference.

You might also consider spending a Saturday and going thru the archives here and see what's been said about the various models of Ovation 12 strings. You'll learn a lot.

Good luck and have fun.
Love Ovation guitar
Posted 2003-11-19 9:08 AM (#342185 - in reply to #342183)

Thanks Paul, I will keep an eye out for one. I think this Fan Club is a great idea. Plus it is nice to know how many fans there are for Ovation Guitars. I have been teased over the years that an Ovation is't a "real Guitar" because of the Bowl shape and made of something other than all wood. I really don't care what the "Martin is the only really good guitar Fans" say. I think the Ovation's sound, design, feel and action are a step above most other guitars. I would not trade my 12 string Legend in for any Martin guitar. I have played a few Martins and they sound good but to my ear my 12 string Legend still is the best. Well to each his or her own. As for me Ovation is the best! I am not just interested in another 12 string I'd like to find a nice 6 string. Has anyone else ever been teased about owning an Ovation Guitar? :confused: Sincerely, Catherine
Steve
Posted 2003-11-19 3:21 PM (#342186 - in reply to #342183)

"Martins" sound 'muddy', but Ovations sound "bright, crisp, full-bodied"!....
suzencarson
Posted 2003-11-19 3:35 PM (#342187 - in reply to #342183)

Yes, I have played Ovations on stage in bands and duos for over 15 years. Other guitarists I play with have made fun of me or insinuated that 'Ovation is no good because it's a plastic guitar' but, funny, the people in the audience have always been extremely complimentary of MY guitar playing, sound, and the beauty and uniqueness of MY guitars, not their 'all wood Martins', or their Taylors or even their Strats and Les Pauls. I have never had an Ovation fail me on stage with feedback or anything.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)