The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
WTB: NUTMEG STORM!! NUTMEG STORM!! NUTMEG STORM!!NUTMEG STORM!!NUTMEG STORM!!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

xbj
Posted 2004-01-27 1:03 PM (#341874)
Subject: WTB: NUTMEG STORM!! NUTMEG STORM!! NUTMEG STORM!!NUTMEG STORM!!NUTMEG STORM!!

Posting for the SIXTH time in SIX MONTHS... WTB A NUTMEG STORM, ANY CONDITION. AND PLEASE DON'T TELL ME ABOUT MR. GOLF'S; AFTER I AGREED TO HIS PRICE VIA E-MAIL HE SOLD IT TO SOMEONE ELSE who did NOT bother to post five times in the last six months THAT THEY WERE LOOKING FOR ONE. Thank you SO MUCH!!

I've spent over $4000 in the last year on Ovation gear... if I e-mail you, YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK. I try to save a few pennies on needless PHONE CALLS.

If you're desperate to sell quickly, TELL ME. I'LL GET ON A PLANE NEXT TIME AND DELIVER CASH TO YOUR DOOR..

UN-believable.

Thanks to all who have helped.

Les
:(
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-01-27 2:30 PM (#341875 - in reply to #341874)
Subject: Re: WTB: NUTMEG STORM!! NUTMEG STORM!! NUTMEG STORM!!NUTMEG STORM!!NUTMEG STORM!!

Les,
I am the individual who bought the guitar. The seller listed on OFC but was also involved in a possible trade with another OFC member. Although I had made a commitment for the guitar, he explained the situation to me and I waited until he knew whether it was going to be traded. His intent was to show integrity in the transaction which I respected. Basically, he sold it to me as I was the first to commit. I have mailed payment to him.

However, for me, this is not a must purchase. If you work it out with Kurt (and he refunds my payment,) I have no problem if he sells it to you.

He has handled this matter in an honorably manner. It was appreciated that he let the OFC know before placing it on eBay.
seesquare
Posted 2004-01-27 2:56 PM (#341876 - in reply to #341874)
Subject: Re: WTB: NUTMEG STORM!! NUTMEG STORM!! NUTMEG STORM!!NUTMEG STORM!!NUTMEG STORM!!

Tony, that is most noble offer of you to Les. I have done some business with Les myself, and can vouch for his integrity and honesty. We are all honorable, and hopefully not too avaricious, individuals who can resolve our needs amicably.
Cheers all 'round,
Chris
xbj
Posted 2004-01-27 2:59 PM (#341877 - in reply to #341874)

Hi Tony-

Unfortunately, as you can see, he did not make the situation clear to me. Never once was any mention made of any other potential sellers (until today, when he told me it was already sold) and he never replied to my e-mail accepting his offer. I also made the mistake of asking for another picture and thought that was the reason for not getting an immediate reply.

Thank you so much for understanding my frustration at the surprise I received this morning. And thanks for your kind offer to let the deal go. I really, really appreciate it. The nutmeg finish is a must for me; I've turned down over 20 other storms in various other finishes already. Yes, I've managed to find that many, not just on eBay. My Lord they made a TON of red ones!!

I don't know what he intends to do now, as I was very irate over the whole thing. Perhaps I can just buy it from you if he doesn't want to deal with me any further (which I would completely understand.) I would of course pay double shipping to cover all your costs and expense in the deal.

Sorry for going off the handle... I've been looking really really hard for a very long time!

Thanks! Feel free to e-mail me to make any necessary arrangments, if any.

And thanks again!!!

Les
:)

Originally posted by Tony Calman:
Les,
I am the individual who bought the guitar. The seller listed on OFC but was also involved in a possible trade with another OFC member. Although I had made a commitment for the guitar, he explained the situation to me and I waited until he knew whether it was going to be traded. His intent was to show integrity in the transaction which I respected. Basically, he sold it to me as I was the first to commit. I have mailed payment to him.

However, for me, this is not a must purchase. If you work it out with Kurt (and he refunds my payment,) I have no problem if he sells it to you.

He has handled this matter in an honorably manner. It was appreciated that he let the OFC know before placing it on eBay.
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-01-27 3:18 PM (#341878 - in reply to #341874)

Les,

Check your email.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2004-01-27 3:34 PM (#341879 - in reply to #341874)

Ok, you guys do know that you're going to have to let us know how all this works out.
peterbright
Posted 2004-01-27 3:54 PM (#341880 - in reply to #341874)

3 rounds no knockdown rule...
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-01-27 4:23 PM (#341881 - in reply to #341874)

Got it handled - I think...

Kurt can send direct to Les or send to me and I will send to Les (after payments/refunds.)

Kurt has his sale and Les relieves some GAS.
xbj
Posted 2004-01-27 4:42 PM (#341882 - in reply to #341874)

Well, heck, Tony you're beyond awesome! I was going to delete this whole thread (out of some embarrassment!) but I think it should stay as a tribute to the great guy you are!!!

THANKS!!!

Now everyone... let's get on the ball here and find Tony a red Thunderhead to match his Typhoon!!!

Les

Got it handled - I think...

Kurt can send direct to Les or send to me and I will send to Les (after payments/refunds.)

Kurt has his sale and Les relieves some GAS.
seesquare
Posted 2004-01-27 6:40 PM (#341883 - in reply to #341874)

"Above & Beyond The Call". KUDOS!! So, a red T'head, eh? Put out an "all points"..........
MisterGolf007
Posted 2004-01-28 1:35 AM (#341884 - in reply to #341874)

...You know, open adoptions can be sooo complicated at times, but we're all busy working late trying to iron out the details of custody...like every other weekend plus holidays, or maybe odd numbered weeks except leap years or...

Stay tuned for a final update (film at eleven!) when the attorneys adjourn from the judges chambers...

Above all else - Keep In Tune~ :cool:
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2004-01-28 3:28 AM (#341885 - in reply to #341874)

Just FYI, I have dealt with Les, Tony and MisterGolf007 and all three are stand up folks.

As at least a few of these Storms started their more recent journeys from my collection, I think instead of fighting over them everyone should just send them back to me for safe keeping. :)

I am looking for a Typhoon I bass. The single pickup model with the shorter horns. I don't care about color, just noticed I'm missing that model from the collection.
xbj
Posted 2004-01-28 1:25 PM (#341886 - in reply to #341874)

Thanks Miles... check your e-mail!

Les
xbj
Posted 2004-01-28 1:31 PM (#341887 - in reply to #341874)

Okay, just for the record here, it was MY mixup. I'm the one who didn't make my, uh, urgency known and Mr. Golf didn't realize I was serious. So it was my gaffe. Mr. Golf is a GREAT and HONEST guy, and I didn't mean to impinge his honesty and integrity to the group in the first place. And I should have known that from the beginning.

So this entire thread may just disappear soon, or stand as a testament to the really incredibly great people in this group who bend over backwards and then some to help each other.

Anyway, thanks again to all!

Les
moody, p.i.
Posted 2004-01-28 2:15 PM (#341888 - in reply to #341874)

I think the thread should stand. It's a great group of people here.

In the immortal words of that great philospher G. Marx, "Any group that would have me is not one that I want to be affiliated with". Uh, that may not have been what I wanted to say.....
seesquare
Posted 2004-01-28 2:50 PM (#341889 - in reply to #341874)

How 'bout, "We're all bozos on the same bus"?-Firesign Theatre (Hudson & Landry)
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-01-28 3:58 PM (#341890 - in reply to #341874)

I know preaching to the choir...except to maybe someone who just joined. Every day someone helps someone else on this board. I have been helped and fortunately I have been able to help a little. Soon, Les will have his guitar.

Great members and a great board.

Now to go place my second order from the OFC Store...
MisterGolf007
Posted 2004-01-29 12:26 AM (#341891 - in reply to #341874)

This just in...

The jury just returned their verdict..."NOT GUILTY!!!" Seems the crowds exploded with dancing in the streets and Jammin' the Night Away...Not only is everyone free to pursue a life of peace and harmony, but have, in fact, become brothers and sisters united under one banner...

...and they all lived happily ever after! Film at eleven...

And when the music fades...Mr. Golf's new Preacher D' helps him finally re-connect with his boyhood dreams after selling his adolescent Preacher to buy the crib & stroller, xbj finds sweet surrender in the Nutmeg T'head he's dreamt of, and our hero of the story, Tony, strolls off into the moonlight with the tradewinds gently breezing through his hair, and the gentle sounds of a roundback calypso band shimmering over a calm ocean...

and remember...whether you've got four, six, eight or twelve strings... ;)
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-01-29 1:33 AM (#341892 - in reply to #341874)

No one ever told me guitar collecting would be this exciting~~
xbj
Posted 2004-01-29 10:36 AM (#341893 - in reply to #341874)

Here here! My only hope, when all is said and done, is that all you guys enjoy immensely and are proud of the project all of this stuff is going to be crucial to, because certainly you've all helped tremendously, and it wouldn't have been possible without you, as well as the wonderful folks at the factory (they know who they are) and that you'll all be very very proud of what we're about to do. I'll be posting more about it as time goes on, but I can say that the demo will be done next week and on its way, and that's the first step. The next is getting all of this gear in shape and getting those amp replicas built. When it's all done there will definitely be pictures in the gallery!

Thanks Guys! "It takes a lot of good people", and those people are HERE!

Les

Originally posted by moody, p.i.:
I think the thread should stand. It's a great group of people here.

In the immortal words of that great philospher G. Marx, "Any group that would have me is not one that I want to be affiliated with". Uh, that may not have been what I wanted to say.....
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-02-12 12:45 AM (#341894 - in reply to #341874)

All is well...hope Les doesn't mind but this is part of what he wrote tonight:

The Thunderhead arrived today in perfect shape, thanks! What a tremendous packing job!! Best I've ever seen, thanks! It matches my other thunderhead
almost perfectly in color and grain, and now I can take that first one and turn it into a Typhoon V. The neck and hardware on this one is much nicer, so it's going to work out perfectly. They were really close in age too, this one's an A-xxx and my other's a B-xxx, very close.
xbj
Posted 2004-02-12 2:02 AM (#341895 - in reply to #341874)

No, not at all, THANKS SO MUCH! My Ovation search is at an end and it's time to get to building, painting, and modifying. Hopefully will have eveyrthing done by April and can post the pictures.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Les

All is well...hope Les doesn't mind but this is part of what he wrote tonight:

The Thunderhead arrived today in perfect shape, thanks! What a tremendous packing job!! Best I've ever seen, thanks! It matches my other thunderhead
almost perfectly in color and grain, and now I can take that first one and turn it into a Typhoon V. The neck and hardware on this one is much nicer, so it's going to work out perfectly. They were really close in age too, this one's an A-xxx and my other's a B-xxx, very close.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)