The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
WTB any early ADAMAS

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

stonebobbo
Posted 2004-04-02 4:04 PM (#341625 - in reply to #341600)
Subject: Re: WTB any early ADAMAS

I was (lamely) joking about Al's guitar ... I spent some time checking it out at the OFC Jam and was admiring it ... it's the kind of guitar that could likely be found in my hands. It inspired me to think about what I could do with my Viper bass ... didn't mean to offend.

I was raised that asking how much something cost was the height of rudeness, in the same manner that telling someone how much something cost is also rude. I suspected that the $1500 was a typo since Elias is a knowlegable collector, hence my poke at Cliff. There are a number of knowledgable sources who can provide estimates of market value for any rare or vintage guitar.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cliff
Posted 2004-04-02 4:26 PM (#341626 - in reply to #341600)

I don't think amybody was offended, Bob.
I kinda like Al's axe myself. Has a lot of potential for a wide variety of sounds. A great gig guitar if you only have room for ONE.
alpep
Posted 2004-04-02 5:27 PM (#341627 - in reply to #341600)

Originally posted by cliff:
I don't think amybody was offended, Bob.
I kinda like Al's axe myself. Has a lot of potential for a wide variety of sounds. A great gig guitar if you only have room for ONE.

Wow you guys actually get it. put it all in one package with one cable and have the best of everything. Just thing if I had actually gone to woodstock and taken the brown acid???????

don't look for that guitar in your stores any time soon!! LOL
Northcountry
Posted 2004-04-10 8:55 PM (#341628 - in reply to #341600)

For what it's worth I talked with Elias before I bought either of my Adamas Ovations in Feb.? That Slot head was the first thing I saw in a search of the web for a Blue reverse Ovation? He was asking $15,000 that much is certain Made my purchase of a 1688-7 for $1,800 on Ebay and my purchase for a little more from Al for the 1587-7 seem a little easier to swallow! I wanted to try and throw a set of Nylon strings on that one just to see what it soounded like? But for $15,000 I would not even be able to enjoy it or take it out and leave it on a stand on stage? I would play it but I would always feel nervous about who may be looking at it or something happeneing to it and that headstock snapping when it hit the floor! His price seemed (to even my limited Ovation knowledge) Fair! If it was $2000 or even $3000 I think I would have grabbed it for resale? If I could part with it! NOT!
jmc
Posted 2004-04-13 1:33 PM (#341629 - in reply to #341600)

Forgive me if this is slightly off subject. spider sent me an e mail asking a question about the Adamas baritone 12 and replies--regardless of how they are sent-- are all returned as undeliverable. I am at a loss as to how to communicate as a result. My answer is you are free to bid, only PayPal accepted is cash transfer, no credit card. Apologies to all if this is counter to the forum rules.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2004-04-13 2:39 PM (#341630 - in reply to #341600)

jmc, it's all about guitars... :) didn't look "off topic" to me :)
Beal
Posted 2004-04-13 3:27 PM (#341631 - in reply to #341600)

I would agree that it is a little rude to ask what someone paid but on the other hand as we follow the market of what these things are worth it is a very natural question to ask. Particularly when we looking at the one model that will set the high water mark. If it was me I would not be offended and would answer but that's just me.
Standingovation
Posted 2004-04-13 4:49 PM (#341632 - in reply to #341600)

I agree. I don't think it's rude to ask. But it is rude to automatically assume you are entitled to an answer. Look at it this way, you can walk up to a woman and ask her if she's a D-cup. You may get slapped and yelled at ... or she may just tell you go ahead and find out for yourself. Sometimes you gotta take a chance. Dave
spider
Posted 2004-04-14 8:47 AM (#341633 - in reply to #341600)

If my Enflish is strange, forgive me. :p Anyway, the price was at the proper.
> I think Elias is very honest and he is a really gentleman. I was happy that
> I could do business with him. the good friend he told means "My friend". I bought it for him, but it was not "a gift". I bought it instead of him. Of course he finished the payment to me. He also own #7- He is A Japanese Big corrector. To own the slot head... It's my dream *like all of you?.
jmc, I can't understand you said "are all returned as undeliverable" You can send anythings over sea with EMS.

As I told it on this board, I can handle your early adamas. If you are willing to left them, let me know. ;) :)
jmc
Posted 2004-04-15 7:16 AM (#341634 - in reply to #341600)

Some communication problems here. The email was undeliverable. It was returned to my computer no matter how it was sent. The address you have here and the one you wrote me from has problems receiving email. I will try to resend.
spider
Posted 2004-04-15 7:35 AM (#341635 - in reply to #341600)

I sent you my e-naik address via eBay again. thanx :)
spider
Posted 2004-05-10 11:36 PM (#341636 - in reply to #341600)

too late... :( yes samova is right. I mistook figures. It was less than $15000. sorry.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)