The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
NOS *Preacher* Neck + (8+)Body Test Market

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

MisterGolf007
Posted 2004-03-06 3:06 AM (#341581)
Subject: NOS *Preacher* Neck + (8+)Body Test Market

Many Mahalos to both Miles & Sam for their help with my Preacher DeLuxe "happily ever after" story!

The AAA / NOS Preacher DeLuxe body is absolutely stunning...which leaves me with a couple of surplus items to share with y'all... :D

The surplus NOS DeLuxe Neck is equally impressive, though I'd only rate it a 9+, due to a couple of very small surface dings (on the backside of the neck) from 30 years of storage. The abalone inlays are really 3-dimensional, and the binding is flawless.

This surplus neck will fit all of the vintage solid bodies I'm told, and I know a slew of you vintage Ovation collectors who'd salivate over this 24 fret stick! Here's a great chance to upgrade or retro one of your favorite axes with a Beeeauty of a neck.

The surplus body is what Miles calls an "unfortunate 8" due to the surface cracks in the high gloss finish. Overall it's in excellent shape, but the cracks show "vintage character" rather than "minty freshness". It's probably very worth it to refinish it, as the grain is gorgeous.

I haven't decided for sure whether to sell the NOS neck & 8+ body together or separate, I guess I'll wait to see whether the interest out there is more individual or together.

Prior to listing on eBay, I'd rather give my brothers & sisters of the OFC a chance to score, so let me know - and feel free to check out my feedback @ eBay (mistergolf007)...

Please e-mail me for my price-tag for the neck including S & H, and/or the body, depending on your interest. I have connections for all the other toys (P/U's, hardware, pickguard, etc.) which I'll introduce to the new owner(s).

Let me know if you're interested...but these won't last long. Peace, Love & Mahalo~ Kurt

p.s. There's a couple pic's in the gallery to whet your appetite

~ :cool:
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2004-03-06 9:24 AM (#341582 - in reply to #341581)
Subject: Re: NOS *Preacher* Neck + (8+)Body Test Market

Kurt:

Just to confirm, that neck does fit on all older Ovation solid bodies. I have a neck just like in on my Viper, making what I call, a Viper Deluxe (with Ovation humbuckers).

What have you done with the gold p/u's?
MisterGolf007
Posted 2004-03-06 11:49 AM (#341583 - in reply to #341581)

I had purchased the Preacher D' with case for a reasonable price, but wanted to cherry it out - thus the acquisition of the NOS Body & Neck...My project was to transfer my neck and ALL the hardware over to the new body, leaving the NOS neck & surfaced cracked body for the (pre)auction block.

I would think there's got to be a bunch of folks with Preachers, Vipers, U.K.'s, Deacons & Breadwinners that would drool over the chance to retro this hunk of ebony & abalone! :)

"Crank it up...Way Up...Two Thumbs Up!!!
MisterGolf007
Posted 2004-03-07 10:34 PM (#341584 - in reply to #341581)

Okie Dokie...The Neck is SOLD to blugoose!

The Body is still available, and I'll make someone a sweet deal and ship at half price...
Let me know, or e-mail me for additional pic's or details over this week before next weekend (the 12th) when I'll open it to the eBay world.

Mahalo Y'all~ Kurt :D
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)