The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
1974 Legend For Sale

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

mdunn
Posted 2004-04-06 10:26 PM (#341398)
Subject: 1974 Legend For Sale

It is a 1974 Legend, The model number is 1117-4. Translated; it is a deep bowl body with a (probably spruce top) and the -4 means that it is a natural finish.

It is a US made Ovation. I am not an expert on Ovation but I belive in 1974 the Legend model was the top of the line or one down. It has a beautiful laminated neck. There is are two stripes of light maple and something else running the length (on the back side) of the neck. It is a high gloss finish on the neck. It has a beautiful raised rosette around the sound hole.

I purchased the guitar used from the Guitar Center in Highland Park, IL on Sept 11, 2002. I got it because I wanted to get something inexpensive to play to see if I was interested in returning to guitar playing. I had quit playing about 1972. I also purchased a new Ovation molded case for the guitar at the same time.

Within a few months (about Dec 2002) I sent the guitar back to Ovation to be rebuilt. The neck was way out of alignment and there were stress cracks in the high gloss finish of the top of the guitar. I spent about $125.00 with Ovation and they cured the neck problem, set the action, and filled in the cracks in the finish and then buffed the surface so you cannot feel them. You can still see the cracks, but they are in the finish only. They are in three areas on the top.
However the top is straight and true and the bridge is correctly aligned. I have the paper work for this repair and will send it with the guitar. If you want to see it ahead of time I can scan it or fax it to you.

Last spring I purchased new tuners from Ovation and installed them on the guitar. I don't know who made them but the are gold and the are marked made in Germany. I think that cost another 95.00. I have the original gold tuners and they will go with the guitar.

The Ovation plays very well. I put Elixr's on it and it sounds good. There is some kind of a microphone type of pickup in the guitar. It is not battery powered. It is 1974 vintage and it may not be working all that well.

I am asking $450.00 for it. Figure it this way. The case is new and that is $100.00. The gold Schaller tuners are new and they were $95.00. So the guitar is $225.00. That is a pretty good price.

I am selling it because I just purchased another guitar and I have a self imposed limit of 4 guitars. If I exceed that there will be trouble in paradise.

I have some digital pix of the guitar and if anybody wants to see them send me a note.

mdunn@mc.net
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mdunn
Posted 2004-04-12 9:51 AM (#341399 - in reply to #341398)
Subject: Re: 1974 Legend For Sale

Bump with new price.
Mario
Posted 2004-04-12 12:02 PM (#341400 - in reply to #341398)

Which is?
mdunn
Posted 2004-04-12 4:37 PM (#341401 - in reply to #341398)

$450.00

I edited the original post.
akal
Posted 2004-04-15 1:19 PM (#341402 - in reply to #341398)

Hi dunn.
Do you send overseas? Any surcharge? I'd appreciate the pictures if you do not mind.

Thanks,
andreander@yahoo.it
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)