The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
This 1997 Collectors Ovation (serial number 0838)

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

acousticwonder333
Posted 2004-05-18 6:55 PM (#341189)
Subject: This 1997 Collectors Ovation (serial number 0838)

This 1997 Collectors Ovation (serial number 0838) impresses with the great sound of any Ovation. The pick-up-system (see pic) makes it a very individual, yet very accessible and reliable stage guitar. There are no trebles or basses to crank, just volume: Your finger slides over a touch-sensitive surface – same principal as a notebook touchpad but in the form of a triangle (see pic). Fancy stuff as it seems, but it keeps the handling under live conditions easy. The way the sound is grasped by the pick-up besides is Preset eq like in any other Ovation.

Its tiny body (36.5 inch length, 17.5 inch bodywidth at widest part, 5.75 inch depth) comes very handy for smaller players without having to compromise on the very organic, full-bodied, cristal-sound that we know from Melissa Etheridge. The neck (width is 1.5/8 inch on top, 2 3/16 inch as it reaches the hole, depth is 5/8 inch on top, 1 inch at tenth fret) is designed with the same aim and will be appreciated by musicians with shorter and/or thinner fingers.

The only hidden screw about this masterpiece of modern guitar engineering is already fixed which I don´t want to hide from a potential buyer: The original model comes with black plastic plates around the screw mechanic to tune strings. Of course they broke due to string tension. The new ones (Ovation set that I got sent) that I put on the mechanic in April 2001 are black steel and work fine ever since.

The inlay decorations should be visible by looking at the photos as well as the fact that this guitar is in mint condition. How come? For my ordinary gigs in little bars and open air I have been using another acoustic guitar to protect the Ovation as I saw it more as an object of collector´s interest. Nevertheless it brought me wonderful results as I used it for my home recordings and studio work.

According to a quote given by Ovation representative Kim Keller (customer service in Connecticut, US: T 860-379-7575) on the 26th of April 2004 there are only “935 pieces with a narrow neck and 233 with a wide (1 7/8 inches) neck built of this model, none of them available in stores” and its worth is therefore of collector´s value and will rise with the years. The neck material is Mahagoni and Maple with Ebony-inlays. I did not find any other specifications neither pictures on the Ovation homepage.

Now why do I sell this beautiful baby of a guitar? Simply because I need the money to buy another guitar and an amp. Having another budget I would keep it.

It comes with a very rigid, black, taylored-to-size-case (40 inch length, 6 11/16 inch width on the neck-part, 17.5 inch body, 6 5/16 inch depth) with green velvet covering the interior and a three-number-combination-lock.

I bought this guitar new in store and have the original receipt which I will include in the shipment. Of course the buyer pays shipping and insurance which depends on buyer´s location. Please email (countryontherocks@web.de) me after auction end to get the exact fare. This treat of an instrument can go on its way to you as soon as funds arrive here in form of a cheque which clears here or Western Union. Shipping goes to US and Canada.

As you know by now this is a unique occasion for an awesome piece of joy and I wish everybody good luck!

Have a look at it on ebay:

The item number is 3724874716.
URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3724874716

My baby on ebay
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Wuzhizzoner
Posted 2004-05-18 8:13 PM (#341190 - in reply to #341189)
Subject: Re: This 1997 Collectors Ovation (serial number 0838)

A friend of mine has one of these. SAWEET!
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-05-18 10:19 PM (#341191 - in reply to #341189)

and this one has ears!! a great guitar - is it the 1997-N or 1997-W?
bauerhillboy
Posted 2004-05-19 6:48 AM (#341192 - in reply to #341189)

Just got one of these on ebay a few weeks ago. Paid $441+$45 shipping. I LOVE this little guitar! It even has ears!(Don't mean to gloat) I had to adjust the trussrod, change strings, rpl battery...otherwise in PERFECT condition. These are really worth hunting down, I think, since you can't simply special order one from the factory like you can most any other Ovation. John <>{
acousticwonder333
Posted 2004-05-20 7:18 PM (#341193 - in reply to #341189)

Thanx for these encouraging reactions!

It is actually a narrow neck.

Happy bidding!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)