The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
whats with breadwinners

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

badkarma
Posted 2004-06-03 11:20 PM (#341102)
Subject: whats with breadwinners

mmmmk im not to familiar wiht the breadwinner. all i know is that its a elctic ovation that was made in the 70s???
n e ways whats the big deal? is it cuz of the sound, the rarity, or is it like the only electric made by ovaiton other than A/E. or is it something like the gibson moderne?? plese inform me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MWoody
Posted 2004-06-04 12:21 AM (#341103 - in reply to #341102)
Subject: Re: whats with breadwinners

There are many paths to enlightenment. Some have chosen the "search" features of this websight. There is also Ovationguitars.com

"The History of Ovation" is a hardback and softcover book that will bring you from the inception to 1996.

Breadwinners, Deacons, Tornados, Hurricanes, Storms and UKII (UK2) are some of the semi and solidbodies.

I wouldn't mind having a Breadwinner or Deacon one day not because they are superlative but because they are cool.

And Welcome!
badkarma
Posted 2004-06-04 12:36 AM (#341104 - in reply to #341102)

thanks for the welcome and thatnks for the help dude. Thanks for also replying to my humidifier problem. :cool: :cool: :cool: :D
jasingram
Posted 2004-06-04 10:14 PM (#341105 - in reply to #341102)

Is there really ovationguitars.com, Woody? I've looked at models, archive and discontinued items, and the timeline, but never found a mention of Breadwinner or Deacon.

What's with Breadwinners? It's the style, the sound, the ergonomics and balance, the unique electronics, the rarity, the history. Whip one out anywhere and experience the "WOW!" Guitar Center has flying V's, Vox, Mosrite... all sorts of uniquely shaped guitars hanging in the vintage room, but not one Breadwinner, and probably not a solid Ovation of any kind. These aren't cut-out-of-the-mold Squier strats. Each has its own personality. It's amazing the range of sounds, even without a processor.

Sorry to preach, but dang.

j
MWoody
Posted 2004-06-04 10:30 PM (#341106 - in reply to #341102)

I have never played one but I just think the shape looks ergonomic AND damn sexy baby (a little Mike Myers flash)!

If Hamer were to cut an updated model I would have a heck of a time figuring out which site to spend more time on.

Does anyone have the schematic to craft a body with? Maybe size the pickups for today's marketed stuff.
xbj
Posted 2004-06-05 2:35 AM (#341107 - in reply to #341102)

The breadwinner and deacon are the only guitars that are futuristic and firmly of their time, because of their limited run. Almost every other guitar shape and then some has no era or time associated with it because with all the reissues it seems like they've always been around and will always be around. The breadwinners/deacons are about the sole exception, except for some truly weird 60's italian guitars that have their collectors for much of the same reasons.

Plus it's just the greatest most original shape for a guitar.

Les
:)
jan9
Posted 2004-06-05 3:10 AM (#341108 - in reply to #341102)

Does anyone have the schematic to craft a body with? [/QB]

If someone got down to make a copy of the body, what "off the shelf" neck out there would fit a Deacon/Breadwinner body?

Jan
Beal
Posted 2004-06-05 6:53 AM (#341109 - in reply to #341102)

not sure any neck would. these were all 24 fret necks which aren't very common
MWoody
Posted 2004-06-05 8:43 AM (#341110 - in reply to #341102)

So lets custom order about 50 to be made by the Big Giant Italian Cutter Thing. Have Hamer mount bodies and call it an OFC re-release.

We could all argue over what color for years.

I suppose some things are best left in the past :(
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)