The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Typhoon Bass - wanna find bridge/tailpiece cover

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

honkytone
Posted 2004-06-14 12:10 PM (#341005)
Subject: Typhoon Bass - wanna find bridge/tailpiece cover

I'm new to the Ovation world, but just bought a lovely red hollowbody bass, Model 1217-2, which I think is a '71 Typhoon V. Does that sound right? Anyway, I love it and would like to find the cover that goes over the bridge and tailpiece. Am I dreaming? Is it possible? Anybody got one? Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
xbj
Posted 2004-06-17 3:18 PM (#341006 - in reply to #341005)
Subject: Re: Typhoon Bass - wanna find bridge/tailpiece cover

There are thousands of 'em out there; only problem is people don't know what they are. Getting them back on the basses once they were removed was apparently very tricky, and most all of 'em were removed because they contained foam mutes. I'm doing research to see about getting some repros made; have the last unplated prototype from the factory and one chrome plated one. It will be extremely expensive; the chrome plating is relatively cheap for something that small but the fabrication is something else, and can only be done in LA or certain huge metal shops back east. Send me some e-mail offlist and we'll keep in touch.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2004-06-17 3:57 PM (#341007 - in reply to #341005)
Subject: Re: Typhoon Bass - wanna find bridge/tailpiece cover

What xbj said. I have been collecting Ovation Solids and Storm series guitars for year. It wasn't until recently that I heard they even had covers (other than the small bridge cover) as I had never seen one. I still have only seen pictures of one.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)