The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
1868-6p

View previous thread :: View next thread
   The Ovation Fan Club -> For SaleMessage format

Jérôme
Posted 2007-07-17 4:33 AM (#314049 - in reply to #314024)
Subject: Re: 1868-6p

Very nice "white sisters" Mike !!!

J :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MusicMishka
Posted 2007-07-17 6:55 AM (#314050 - in reply to #314024)

Glen, Thanks my friend...what a beauty that 1718-6p is...makes a great set of triplets!

Jerome, Merci, Merci my friend...sisters, yes!

Nlessings...
MusicMishka
Posted 2007-07-17 8:37 PM (#314051 - in reply to #314024)

Well, here is an update to the "rest of the story": I had thought the guitar was being shipped via USPS; instead the shipper used UPS and I had no tracking number; however I was able to contact him about noon yesterday to find that info out; he's on vacation but was very nice...He advised that UPS would be delivering the guitar yesterday so I waited all day as patiently as possible. About 2:45 pm, the wife and kids were on the front porch and about 30 minutes later decided to go around back to the kiddy pool we have set up on our back deck. I was in my office when my daughter came in and said the guitar was here. I went out back where I discovered that UPS had left the guitar in (in its Gibson Shipping carton) lying face up in the sun on the sidewalk. I couldn't believe it. I immediately took the guitar inside and carefully opened the side of the carton (big staples...) and lifted the case out; it was quite warm and I immediately was fearful of the guitar inside...I had no idea of how long it had been there. I waited for several minutes (probably 15) to let it cool and carefully opened the case clasps; put my hand inside to feel how hot the guitar was (it was just warm) and then proceeded to go open the case and check for damage...there was none to the guitar and at quick glance, none to the case either. I went through the procedure I outlined in my earlier post and left the guitar on the stand for the night...This morning as I was putting the guitar in the case I noticed the case was a bit difficult to close and upon examination I discovered that the top of the case had been affected by the heat from the sun through the box while lying on the ground. I found the top to have an area about 1 ft. X 8 inches to be puffed up and some smaller heat bubbles which were there as well. The case top is warped just enough to not close easily and yet it is still functional. So, I called UPS (I had tried to call yester day but could not get through immediately). To get to the point, UPS had a substitute driver (my regular driver/deliveryman knows me and my guitars...he is very careful and has been a real help in the past) who simply dropped of the guitar, signed my signature for delivery confirmation, and left without letting anyone know...that happened at 2:15 pm: 30 minutes before the family went outside and 45 minutes before I found the package. I have filed a claim for the case and the driver is getting a verbal reprimand and a letter in his employment record...the company has called three times this afternoon and is coming to take pictures of the case (as well as one of mine that is not damaged) sometime in the next week. I am so disappointed with UPS...I have calmed down somewhat from yesterday (actually a lot) but this is just so un-necessary. This guitar and case sat for nearly 16+ years unmolested and it took UPS and a thoughtless driver just 45 minutes to do serious damage. I use most of the carriers available...each have had some faults (as do we all) but for the most part, nothing happens...I do feel blessed that the guitar is fine and it is a beauty...My daughter has certainly earned the 82C I gave her by finding this lying there and coming to get me...I would hate to think if it had lain there for another 20 minutes in the sun and 90 degree heat.
Count your blessings folks, I am mine...
Blessings...
:rolleyes:
cruster
Posted 2007-07-17 8:51 PM (#314052 - in reply to #314024)

Glad the guitar purchase worked out OK. Seems like you've been having a run of bad luck with incoming guitars. Just have them shipped to me first from now on. :)
Paul Blanchard
Posted 2007-07-18 10:50 AM (#314053 - in reply to #314024)

Ouch... sorry to read that chapter.

I don't know what to do about heat bubbles in the plastic, but a few well placed taps with a rubber mallet often enables the case to close properly.
MusicMishka
Posted 2007-07-19 9:20 PM (#314054 - in reply to #314024)

Just a quick update: UPS has fired the driver (I had asked them to give him a second chance but they obviously thought differently)...I sent photos of the case to the regional office in Roanoke and it is my understanding they will reimburse me the cost of a new case...we'll see...The guitar however is just fantastic!
Blessings...
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)