The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Bye Bye 2005... The OFC Year in Review!.

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2006Message format

JeffreyD
Posted 2005-12-30 9:33 PM (#271086 - in reply to #271061)
Subject: Re: Bye Bye 2005... The OFC Year in Review!.

Well, let's see...

The Good: Discovered this group while making a "selling decision". All of the offers of $100 to $200 for my very good condition 1537 persuaded me that Waskel isn't the only Raskel on this board. Kept the 1537. Learned a lot more about the 1537. Started up a new church and am the Worship leader where the 1537 is center front.

The Bad: Work takes too much time that could be spent on music.

The Maybe: Acquired my first long dreamed of Adamas and the jury is still out. Hopefully a professional set-up will turn it into another dream product.

As another Jeff said...I too hope to become deeper in my Faith and walk humbly before God.

My prayer is that everyone on this group is truly blessed in 2006.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
innerman
Posted 2005-12-30 11:30 PM (#271087 - in reply to #271061)

The good: many things, most having to do with my wife and kids, and aquiring a little more wisdom with a little more age.

The bad: Too much travel at times, not enough time with wife, kids, and guitars

The Ugly: I am now very concerned about exotic animals and a bunch of guys with beards popping in uninvited during my french maid dream.
Waskel
Posted 2005-12-31 9:05 AM (#271088 - in reply to #271061)

Originally posted by cardinalflyer:
All of the offers of $100 to $200 for my very good condition 1537 persuaded me that Waskel isn't the only Raskel on this board.
Jeff, I'm hurt. If I had seen that thread I would have offered you $250, at the very least. Maybe $275. ;)
alpep
Posted 2006-01-01 1:01 AM (#271089 - in reply to #271061)

well it is 2 am my last guest has left and I just chugged the last couple of fingers worth of champagne out of the bottle...

the good. After a rather long recovery I was able to play guitar again. I never even thought what it would be like to not be able to use your arm but wow what a wake up call.

the bad having to have an operation and watch my mom go through several operations this year.

the ugly? keeping my 4126 +++ kids in line on a website that was started as a lark. u681t backlash and keeping the politics and religion off the board.

06?
a new design for the website.
an OFC day in CT that will knock you out with a bunch of new things.
oh yeah I may even finish my garage...
Beal
Posted 2006-01-01 4:38 AM (#271090 - in reply to #271061)

Good luck on the garage Al. Happy New Year.
Bailey
Posted 2006-01-01 5:12 AM (#271091 - in reply to #271061)

Love You All

What a bunch of guys who have overcome insurmountable problems because of their love of music.

Kinda makes us realize that life is not fair or even predictable.

BUT a good guitar (or mandolin), will make it tolerable or liveable and let us hope for the miracles that happen sometimes, and help us survive even if the miracle is delayed, as often happens.

Bailey
ignimbyte
Posted 2006-01-01 8:31 AM (#271092 - in reply to #271061)

It's 8:30 a.m. on Jan. 1st right now, and I'm just checking things out to make sure that everything's good to start the New Year. Besides partying with friends and family, I spent the entire day yesterday cleaning the house, doing all the laundry, picking up the trash, cleaning the cars (inside and out), giving it a full tank of gas and topping off all fluids, and most of all, giving all the guitars a set-up :D and practically anything and everything that, I hope, yielded positive outcomes. :)

Yes it poured like crazy in Queens and in Long Island yesterday ... as for the cars, well I made sure that the interior's clean and presentable.

It's just something silly that I do every New Year's eve ... superstition I guess. It's based on the belief that, for example, if I start the New Year with a clean house, then I will live through the rest of the year with a clean house. And the same applies with everything else ...

Oh yeah, another silly practice that I do every year ... like a Cinderella-thing ... after an evening of partying outside, I made sure that I'm at home before 12 midnight to welcome the New Year with my family.

The Good: a) After two out of three years of being treated like **** with my former employer, last August, I finally quit my job, but got hired with a new job on the same day! :eek: sounds hard to believe at that time, but it happened to me ... I can just imagine the odds of that happening.
b) The health and wellness of everyone in the family are in good spirits! I am thankful to the Lord for looking over us, and although some days are better than others, I'm glad that we're able to make the best out of 2005.
c) With all my doubts and fears, I took a case that I thought was going to be an uphill battle, but turned out to be one of the best things that happened in 05! I reluctantly accepted to provide special instruction to a little girl with autism-like characteristics last November. Two months later, she went from keeping her distance from people to engaging (at least) in some social interaction with them, and from barely tracing letters to legibly writing the first three letters of her first name on her own! She also went from physically prompting me due to her frustration of not being able to express herself, to verbally inquiring and asking things in near-complete sentences starting with "Can I," "I want," and "I need."

The bad: a) Since I started with two jobs, getting home late in the evening does not allow me ample time to spend time with the family, do the house chores and practice my guitar playing. Fortunately, my job allows me to bring my guitar to accompany the children during music sing-a-longs -- it's better than nothing I guess.
b) I missed the OFC tour :(

2006:
- I pray that I will keep up with my faith in the Lord, and to glorify Him through good times and in bad times - especially during good times for the grace that He has given me is much more than what I truly deserve.
- I hope to be able to find time to play my guitars, and fulfill my GAS(ing) for "one really good one" (gonna work out with the wife over it ... ;) )
- Make it to the OFC tour in 2006
- To continue the camaraderie, fun and entertainment, informative and educational advices with the wonderful folks who make the OFC today!

:) Have a wonderful and prosperous New Year to all!!! :)
cliff
Posted 2006-01-01 12:54 PM (#271093 - in reply to #271061)

The Good:
A Factory Get-Together (and ChowderTed's Sauce) TWICE in one year!!

The Bad:
TheCorporateFollies.

The Ugly:
The other patrons at Amici's the night of the SlotHead Dinner.

Here's t'06.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2006-01-01 4:04 PM (#271094 - in reply to #271061)

The good? Life.

The bad? What bad?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)