The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
VIP preamp

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2006Message format

bauerhillboy
Posted 2006-01-06 3:07 PM (#270229)
Subject: VIP preamp

Anyone have any info on this?? At the last tour there was talk about an "Op Pro Studio" preamp with an unnamed bell-or-whistle added to the OpPro. It was supposedly gonna drop into the OpPro can. Well I guess they changed their minds and dropped the Studio in favor of the VIP. Maybe the VIP is just a different name for the Studio. All I really know is I don't know anything really and we're supposed to be "leaked" some info sometimes...aren't we. Just asking. A picture would be nice. Info added to the "electronics" spot on the Ovation site would be really great. John <>{
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Waskel
Posted 2006-01-06 3:31 PM (#270230 - in reply to #270229)
Subject: Re: VIP preamp

All I know is from the Adamas website:
"The Premier (1680-NWT) is also equipped with Ovation’s new VIP (Virtual Image Processing) preamp, which reproduces stunning, studio-quality acoustics. Sound like a pro on the stage or at home with superior acoustic/electric performance, courtesy of the Adamas Premier."
Omaha
Posted 2006-01-06 3:32 PM (#270231 - in reply to #270229)

There is a picture of the VIP on the Ovation web site. Look for the 1006 Collectors model. You can also see the picture on a couple of models at the Adamas site.

Not much for specs. From the picture, it looks like they added a knob (I'm guessing this is where you select which image to use) and an additional slider (which I'm guessing lets you set the blend from "wet" to "dry").

Of course, something like this can only be evaluated by ear. I am eager to hear what Ovation has come up with.

Jeff
cliff
Posted 2006-01-06 4:44 PM (#270232 - in reply to #270229)

I'll try to post some pics/info from NAMM, if I can . . .
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)