The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Deluxe Balladeer Model # A251

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2006Message format

gittarguy69
Posted 2006-01-06 11:02 PM (#270221)
Subject: Deluxe Balladeer Model # A251

What would a Deluxe Balladeer Model A251 in near mint, almost unplayed condition be worth? Am I correct to say?, this is the 251st deluxe balladeer made? I am the second owner. My grandmother was the first.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2006-01-06 11:14 PM (#270222 - in reply to #270221)
Subject: Re: Deluxe Balladeer Model # A251

Hi and welcome to the group. Your guitar would have been built in mid to late 1968. Check the reference section on the front page of this site and it will confirm that. It's not the 251st DB built. But if it's in near mint condition, then it's definitely a collector's piece (and probably a great player as well). To the right person, a guitar like that would be worth $800-$1200. Unfortunately, Ovations have never had a really large price in the used guitar market. They tend to be undervalued.

Are you putting your guitar up for sale?
gittarguy69
Posted 2006-01-07 1:17 AM (#270223 - in reply to #270221)
Subject: Re: Deluxe Balladeer Model # A251

Thanks for the info. The guitar sounds beautiful. It's got alot of sound.No pickup and amp needed with this baby! I am not selling at this time. The guitar is very sentimental, due to the fact that it was a birthday gift to my Grandmother from my Grandfather, whom both have passed. But you know how us musicians are, I might need the money someday. I don't plan on quitting my day job any time soon though. Thanks again!
p.s.- Is it normal for the headstock not to have the Ovation symbol on it? Mine has nothing, and never has. Thanks
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)