The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
matrix

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2006Message format

Rudy Kruppa
Posted 2006-01-18 9:07 AM (#268717)
Subject: matrix

Apologies if my inexperience as a new member at this posting shows. My reason for joining is to get more info(value) on my 1978 Matrix Model 1132-1. I just noticed a Matrix for sale on ebay(item #7355751443) I was led to believe that they were not worth that much due to the all aluminium neck.
Thanks in advance for any info on this model.
Rudy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Omaha
Posted 2006-01-18 9:18 AM (#268718 - in reply to #268717)
Subject: Re: matrix

I've got that same guitar (only with natural finish, not sunburst)...bought it new in 1979. My kids bang on it today.

It has some sentimental value to me, if only because I've had it for so long. But honestly, I wouldn't pay more than $100 or $150 for one today. They really aren't that good of guitars.

The critical issue on these is fret condition. If the frets are well worn, there's nothing you can do. The frets on mine are pretty well shot, particularly on the first position chord locations.

Jeff
Mark in Boise
Posted 2006-01-18 9:46 AM (#268719 - in reply to #268717)
Subject: Re: matrix

Some of those on ebay are way out of line. Most have finish cracks. Mine is in good condition, but I agree with everything else that Jeff said. They were kind of the bottom of the Ovation line and the aluminum fretboard never caught on. You were supposed to be able to replace the whole fretboard, but they don't make them anymore.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)