The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
OFC Slothead?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2006Message format

Tim in Tidewater
Posted 2006-01-23 2:42 AM (#268244)
Subject: OFC Slothead?

Spent the weekend reading back through past postings about the possibility of an OFC custom 1187-247 #47 re-issue...
Has this gone anywhere?
From what I've read, it would be an electrified version...is this correct? Would it be the new VIP or the OP-PRO?
Was there any other color options discussed besides the (247)red?

I've placed an order for a 1187 through my local Ovation rep last week, the guitar is scheduled for delivery in July or August. My rep said the factory currently has thirteen 1187-247 ordered ahead of mine. I guess before I actually drop the money on the table, I would like to know if an amped version is a possibility or even worth it for that matter. How much more is it going to tack on the already steep price-tag?

What is the opinions of Moody and the other folks that got to play the reissue last June at the tour? Does it need amplification? Is that taking away from the goal of trying to reproduce the true sound of the old #47? How about Cliff, Al, or Samova, owning original's, do you think the re-issue stand on its own without the electronics?

Most likely, this will be my last guitar purchase for a while, I'm simply running out of room.

Toss 'em my way, I would like your thoughts on the subject.

Tim
Top of the page Bottom of the page
noah
Posted 2006-01-23 3:21 AM (#268245 - in reply to #268244)
Subject: Re: OFC Slothead?

Hi Tim, Did you read this thread about the #47 / OFC Guitar?
...blue with a two knobber?

"Does it need amplification?
Is that taking away from the goal of trying to reproduce the true sound of the old #47?"

I'm confident that each #47 reissue will capture the essence of the original #47.

The inclusion of a preamp in the OFC'er adds to the package.
A purist will say that it is no longer a #47... that's fine with me, I prefer the ability to plug-in.
Slipkid
Posted 2006-01-23 5:47 AM (#268246 - in reply to #268244)

The specifics if the OFC guitar are still in a state of flux. Al mentioned it a few weeks ago. Al is on top of it but the exact final form is still not determined.
alpep
Posted 2006-01-23 10:15 PM (#268247 - in reply to #268244)

tried to sit down wtih rick at namm but it did not happen I will try to call him this week and sort it all out.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)