The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Thanks to Whomever

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2006Message format

tdeej
Posted 2006-02-08 8:59 PM (#266294)
Subject: Thanks to Whomever

I am able to post without timing out. Thanks to Al & those responsible for keeping this site up and going. Now if somebody could just explain to my wife why participating on the OFC is so enjoyable and time worth spent.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dragonboy
Posted 2006-02-08 9:28 PM (#266295 - in reply to #266294)
Subject: Re: Thanks to Whomever

Simple. Just tell her every minute spent w/the OFC is time not spent buying another Ovation. ;)
Mark in Boise
Posted 2006-02-08 9:30 PM (#266296 - in reply to #266294)

You won't get any help from me. My wife doesn't get it, but she spends just as much time playing solitaire on the computer.
If you tell her it's a good way to find good deals on Ovations, I doubt that would work. Don't let her read any posts. She'll think you're dealing with a bunch of wackos. Bring her and a vanload of Ovations and we'll meet you in McCall. Maybe then she'll get it.
bauerhillboy
Posted 2006-02-09 8:28 AM (#266297 - in reply to #266294)

This is just like people who are interested in sports. Take football: It's a "contrived reality" that millions of people spend lots of time and 10's of millions of dollars on. It doesn't make any sense...except to the people who are interested in it. Personally, I feel my interest in Ovation guitars is much less Neanderthal than football. IMHO. John <>{
TommyK
Posted 2006-02-09 1:07 PM (#266298 - in reply to #266294)

You might as well try lassoing the wind as to explain to a woman why you find guitars so fascinating.
You could tell her it's a little like her fascination with:

I say YOU COULD, but won't do you any good and may generate an arguement. Ya know I remember someone asking Jay Leno's wife Mavis how she puts up with his fascination with cars and motorbikes. She responded, "I haven't a clue why he enjoys it so much. :confused: You wouldn't catch me near those greasy, oily, loud old things. :p However," she continued, "at least the money isn't going up his nose and I KNOW where my husband is on Saturday night! Up to his elbows in parts cleaner" :D
worshipleader
Posted 2006-02-09 1:29 PM (#266299 - in reply to #266294)

Originally posted by TommyK:
I say YOU COULD, but won't do you any good and may generate an arguement. Ya know I remember someone asking Jay Leno's wife Mavis how she puts up with his fascination with cars and motorbikes. She responded, "I haven't a clue why he enjoys it so much. :confused: You wouldn't catch me near those greasy, oily, loud old things. :p However," she continued, "at least the money isn't going up his nose and I KNOW where my husband is on Saturday night! Up to his elbows in parts cleaner" :D
Mavis is a wise, wise woman. I'm gonna have to use this sometime ...
Mark in Boise
Posted 2006-02-09 2:18 PM (#266300 - in reply to #266294)

Mine doesn't get it, but says it's better than bimbos. Took her a few years to get used to the Porsche thing and that was lots more expensive. I'll have to post pics of my garage sometime.
Paulcc1
Posted 2006-02-09 2:30 PM (#266301 - in reply to #266294)

Posted by tdeej
Now if somebody could just explain to my wife why participating on the OFC is so enjoyable and time worth spent.
Take her on the OFC tour, my wife had a great time meeting everyone. And she now has an appreciation for how Ovations are made. It is awesome to hear her tell someone about the factory tour. Thank You Al & Ovation
Pauly
tdeej
Posted 2006-02-09 6:51 PM (#266302 - in reply to #266294)

I'm very envious of all going on the OFC tour this year and know you will all have a great time by past accounts. As we both work in a public school system, we need a tour to be held during the summer months. Should make for a fantastic vacation.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2006-02-09 7:01 PM (#266303 - in reply to #266294)

I'm scheming to visit the factory some year when my wife thinks we are going to see the New England fall colors. It's hard for me to justify using prescious time off to travel, though, after we just spent a fortune remodeling our "vacation" cabin that we rarely vacation in.
Visiting Dave in Phoenix is going to have to suffice for awhile.
tdeej
Posted 2006-02-09 7:39 PM (#266304 - in reply to #266294)

Mark, we'll have to get together after you get you CA. Working on filling the van with guiitars, too. Told the wife I would agree to limit my purchases to one for every two years of age. That should be modest as I know some OFCer's have already exceeded this. At least she just laughed at me.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)