The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Question for Cliff

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2006Message format

Paulcc1
Posted 2006-02-09 6:30 AM (#266282)
Subject: Question for Cliff

Sir Cliff,
Do you use an overdrive pedal in your setup and if so do you experience feedback? I an thinking about adding one in mine I have the Shallow bowl Elite and I run through a Fender acoustasonic 30
Thanks Pauly
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cliff
Posted 2006-02-09 8:07 AM (#266283 - in reply to #266282)
Subject: Re: Question for Cliff

I've got a Boss BluesDriver pedal on my pedal board. I bought it (along w/4-5 other pedals) from xnoel some time ago. I hardly ever use it. I installed it for a gig once that I was using cwk's HamerNewport. Sounds like an overdriven tube amp. It DOES have controls that'll allow you to adjust the overdrive but keep the volume down, thereby minimizing feedback.
For the acoustic, my ART effects pedal has a "Boost" footswitch that I'll use for passages/songs that require fingerpick (or need a bit of instantaneous "punch"). Sometimes I'll use the BluesDriver to accentuate the occasional "MoneyShot" chord at the end of a song, and that's about it.

I'm not a "lead" player, so Overdrive isn't something I'll use often, but the BluesDriver does sound really cool . . .

If I were you tho, I'd go to GC and try it (and others) out first.
Paulcc1
Posted 2006-02-09 1:08 PM (#266284 - in reply to #266282)
Subject: Re: Question for Cliff

Thanks Cliff there are certain songs that I would like to add a slap or punch so I was thinking overdrive. I am going to experiment and see what will be useful.
Pauly
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)