The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
5 String on eBay

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2006Message format

Cc
Posted 2006-11-01 10:46 PM (#233476)
Subject: 5 String on eBay

Like I really need another bass. But there's this Ovation (probably Celebrity) on the bay. http://tinyurl.com/yjzmmu
It's the first 5 string O I think I've ever seen. There's no model number in the ad but I'm betting someone here knows what this thing is and whether or not I should just buy it.
Thanks!
cc
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cc
Posted 2006-11-01 10:49 PM (#233477 - in reply to #233476)
Subject: Re: 5 String on eBay

AND of course, the link doesn't work......
Try this:
Click here: eBay: Ovation Acoutic electric bass (item 260047056974 end time Nov-05-06 17:20:37 PST)
Cc
Posted 2006-11-01 10:54 PM (#233478 - in reply to #233476)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ovation-Acoutic-electric-bass_W0QQitemZ26004705...

(Boy this really sucks!!!)
jb
Posted 2006-11-02 3:50 AM (#233479 - in reply to #233476)

I think that it is a celeb - if you squint really hard you can just make out "Celebrity" on the label, and the dots-n-diamonds are a giveaway.

I've got a multi-soundhole version of this. Nice enough to play, and always handy to have the lower notes around. I'd say for the level it's at now (just over US100), why not got for it...

JB
Northcountry
Posted 2006-11-03 2:22 PM (#233480 - in reply to #233476)

Hey there Texas. Take a look in my photo's I have a shot of an odd Elite 5 string.
The celebs are all you usually find. I can tell you for sure they do not have the sound you will want. Acoustic basses are a whole different animal and they can sound dead in hurry from the slightest difference in construction. And I have tried just about every single type I could find before I found this one and the sound I was happy with. Actually found a large bodied Dean acoustic Bass that sounded better than any of the higher priced ones. The only acoustic Bass I'd be afraid to compare mine with would be one of the great Adamas Basses that are around.

Another note; The earlier electronics with the mid shift and notch filter seem to work real well with the basses perhaps more so than the guitars.
Good luck I was waffling on selling mine but I using it again for some music I think.

Randy
Cc
Posted 2006-11-07 11:41 AM (#233481 - in reply to #233476)

Thanks for the info, guys. I passed on the ebay bass because I was heading for Vegas. (Home of the world's biggest guitar store). They didn't have an acoustic bass I liked much but, BOY, they have some nice axes for us old timer collectors!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)