The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
AER Compact 60

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2006Message format

Piers
Posted 2006-11-19 11:26 AM (#231067)
Subject: AER Compact 60

I tried on the AER Compact 60 out in my local music shop and was blown away by the great accoustic sound and volume. I use a Fender Princetown 65 Watt amp for my gigs and this blew it into the weeds. Even with a £200/$360 guitar it sounded very very good. However, I had no oportunity to turn it up above a quarter on the volume control.

I had a close look specification and was really amazed by the small size and portability.

I was initially surprised by the high price being asked of £650, being about $1170 for such a small package. I then realised that quality costs, so infact, it is quite good value. I could buy it much cheaper elsewhere at £450/$810.

Has anyone giged on of these impressive amps and did it get swamped by others in your band.

Piers
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Erniewan
Posted 2006-11-19 12:08 PM (#231068 - in reply to #231067)
Subject: Re: AER Compact 60

The compact 60 is amazing. Tried one out in California while visiting my brother after seeing Tommy Emmanuel use one.

They even make them in wood cases and are as cool to look at as they are to play..

i think they sound better than my coveted Trace Elliot.

Ernie
Charlie Ramon
Posted 2006-11-19 1:41 PM (#231069 - in reply to #231067)
Subject: Re: AER Compact 60

I agree, this amp is very compact but the sound blows you away! I use the Compact 60 at church to amplify my Ovations and I can't imagine an better acoustic amp.

AER amps

Karl
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)