The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
The rest of the story

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2006Message format

guitarmanrlk
Posted 2006-11-22 4:57 PM (#230627)
Subject: The rest of the story

Okay first of all thanks for all the replies. It seems that I really do not have to worry about getting the guitar fixed, but that was not my point. My point is that if you pay for something that is brand new, you shouldn't have to worry about it not being right. I took it for granted that if it was new I shouldn't have to thoroughly inspect it. Like I said that was very foolish of me and it will never happen again. In fact the next one will be brought straight to my luthier for inspection. Secondly, the first guitar I received from a reputable dealer had a chip knocked out on the headstock. They paid to have it shipped back and I was told that the one I would receive would be straight from the factory and I think it was since I could still smell the glue. Thirdly, the overall sound of the guitar was never an issue. I played it enough to know that, but not enough to see the excessive rise in the neck once it hit the body of the guitar. So it was nothing funny about my closet. It was not being able to get real familiar with the guitar for reason which are personal. I literally had to stop playing period. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Beal
Posted 2006-11-22 5:11 PM (#230628 - in reply to #230627)
Subject: Re: The rest of the story

These things happen sometimes. Too bad it was you this time. Sometimes you get something and you just want it to be right and don't realize that it's not untill you're well into it. Kinda like my first wife, but, let's stick to guitars.
Enjoy your turkey.
MWoody
Posted 2006-11-22 5:37 PM (#230629 - in reply to #230627)

Cool Gman.

Practice wives, practice guitars, just strung a little different and some have a higher cost to maintain.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2006-11-22 5:52 PM (#230630 - in reply to #230627)

I feel for you. I hate it when you buy something and it doesn't meet expectations. They had some problems with the Utes, including mine, but it's perfect now. Anything with much hand work and many things that are made by machines are going to have some defects. It just bites when you're the one that got the bad one, even if, or especially if, the bad ones are rare.
an4340
Posted 2006-11-22 7:15 PM (#230631 - in reply to #230627)

Sorry about your misfortune ... the ovation customer service is great, you'll be in good hands. And I hope that whatever it was that stopped you from playing the guitar will get better. Hang in there, bro.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2006-11-22 7:21 PM (#230632 - in reply to #230627)

Gman, a few thoughts...

First, I'd really like to see a pic of the problem with your guitar. Otherwise, there's no way to know really, what you're talking about.

Second, could you please keep all your posts on this on one thread? You've got all your comments on at least 3 threads which makes it difficult to follow what's going on.

Lastly, have you contacted Ovation customer service yet (or at least the dealer from whom you bought the guitar)? If you're under warrenty, it should be fixed.

Hell, I've bought brand new houses where the builder had to keep coming back for the first 5 years to keep fixing things. And some of those houses cost a helluva a lot more than a guitar (some didn't but we won't go there).

And Bill's right. Go have a drumstick.....
seesquare
Posted 2006-11-22 9:28 PM (#230633 - in reply to #230627)

And, "no prisoners" for the wishbone!
damon
Posted 2006-11-23 12:49 AM (#230634 - in reply to #230627)

Originally posted by guitarmanrlk:
In fact the next one will be brought straight to my luthier for inspection.
Maybe next time you should buy a guitar FROM a luthier!
noah
Posted 2006-11-23 1:04 AM (#230635 - in reply to #230627)

damon, give the guy a break. guitarmanrlk is looking for help, not abuse.

guitarmanrlk, where do you live?
Jason_S
Posted 2006-11-23 1:08 AM (#230636 - in reply to #230627)

i cant knock ovation a single bit. ive never bought a new o'. hell the newest one ive got is a 83-84. oldst on is a '71 balladeer..jason
damon
Posted 2006-11-23 3:33 AM (#230637 - in reply to #230627)

Abuse? The old Ovations sound great! But every time I play a new Ovation at a store it sounds like a salad bowl with a piece of plywood glued on top. Ovation should be ashamed of themselves!

Guitarmanrlk should send his bent guitar back to Ovation and buy an old one. And if you're going to spend the money it takes to buy a new guitar, buy a handmade guitar from a luthier.

I LOVE OVATION GUITARS, that's why I HOLD OVATION ACCOUNTABLE when they make crappy guitars.
Jason_S
Posted 2006-11-23 3:55 AM (#230638 - in reply to #230627)

older ovations sound so great because after 20-30+yrs the top opens up,its even been said that a top dosnt realy open up till it has a few cracks in it..all of my o's have had topcrack repairs and they sound great. if i was buying a new ovation it will be a adamas hands down or the joshwhite reissue..butthen again ive got a 1114 folklore so....ovations are probly the most hands on built as far as the major brands go...jason
Jeff W.
Posted 2006-11-27 11:34 AM (#230639 - in reply to #230627)

Originally posted by damon:
every time I play a new Ovation at a store it sounds like a salad bowl with a piece of plywood glued on top.
Damon,
What Ovations have you been playing that you feel sound like a salad bowl with a piece of plywood glued on top?
Jeff W.
Posted 2006-11-27 11:41 AM (#230640 - in reply to #230627)

guitarmanrik,

Granted, something's not right about this particular O. You have a great opportunity to experience Ovation as more than just a transaction. They care about you getting a guitar you are happy with... and yes, they are fallable, as are we all...
Call or email Ovation directly... Speak with John Budny or Kim Keller in the service department, tell'em we sent you...
you will be pleased.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)