The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation sighting--Cat Stephens

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2006Message format

Mark in Boise
Posted 2006-12-03 1:46 PM (#228837)
Subject: Ovation sighting--Cat Stephens

Watched the CBS Sunday Morning news as usual this morning and they had a segment on Yusef Islam, better known as Cat Stephens. Showed him a couple times in 1971 with a Country Artist or Folklore and again at his last concert in 1979. I didn't recognize what was sitting behind him during the interview or what he was playing currently.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Omaha
Posted 2006-12-03 3:17 PM (#228838 - in reply to #228837)
Subject: Re: Ovation sighting--Cat Stephens

In the world of Ovation sightings...did you see the Bob Segar article in the recent Guitar World Acoustic? Showed him sitting with his acoustic collection, which included some Martins, a Tak, an Adamas, at least on Ovation (might have been two) a Goodall and a Breedlove. Might have been a couple more in there too.

What struck me was how there didn't seem to be anything there you couldn't go buy off the wall at Guitar Center. Nothing fancy or exotic. No $15k custom luthier-made guitars. Just Martins, Taks and O's.
tdeej
Posted 2006-12-03 4:26 PM (#228839 - in reply to #228837)

I would be pleased if the GC in Spokane would at least get some upper end ovations and martins. Last week as I left the acoustic room, a young saleman asked if I found everything okay. I responded, "Where are your Adamas guitars at?" He had not heard of the Adamas line. When I explained Adamas was Kaman's upper end, he thought they could probably order one since they sold Kaman. If GC is Kaman's largest customer, what chance does Adamas have when they don't even know about it?
CrimsonLake
Posted 2006-12-03 5:46 PM (#228840 - in reply to #228837)

We have a Sam Ash right next door to the local GC and they have a pretty good selection of Ovations - no Adamii though. THe have the Al DiMealo model hanging up behind the counter. The GC usually had (1) Adamas - which has been there for awhile and a few low end O's. For the Christmas rush, they've added a few more O's.
Mark in Boise
Posted 2006-12-03 5:55 PM (#228841 - in reply to #228837)

When I was looking to buy or try an Adamas, I called the other music store in town that said in the Yellow Pages they carried Adamas. The salesman didn't even know what I was talking about. Went to the store and asked if they had any US made Ovations. He pointed to a Celebrity Deluxe. He didn't know the difference between it and an Elite. Not likely to sell any Ovations there.
First Alternate
Posted 2006-12-03 6:20 PM (#228842 - in reply to #228837)

Just saw Glen on some PBS send-us-the-money thing doing a couple of his hits, using an Ovie and a Strat copy. Did catch the Cat thing this morning on CBS. Not intrested in anything "Yusuf" says or uses.
Jason_S
Posted 2006-12-03 6:35 PM (#228843 - in reply to #228837)

our gc had a adamas premier for about 4 months. i went in thursday to bullshit with the guys and get a few stands and play the adamas like i do every week, they finaly sold it..kinda pissed me off..lol...jason
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)