The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
I Need Your Help !

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2006Message format

Etienne
Posted 2006-12-03 9:42 PM (#228734)
Subject: I Need Your Help !

Greetings Everyone...

I have a question about my 77 Balladeer. The top is begining to ripple...
The top has not cracked..and she has never sounded better...but I am begining to see shallow indentations on either side of the bridge in the lower bout...also if I am not fooling myself I can feel more of the grain in the top as I run my fingers across the top than I did before...

The humidity is right...string tension is not excessive...the only thing I have been doing differently is letting the temp in the house drop by 15 degrees while I am at work...But it takes 8 or 10 hours for that drop from 74 - 60 degrees

I love this guitar...but I am anal enough that it will disturb me if the top cracks on me...and would consider trading if I thought that this was inevitable. Because frankly to keep the house heated for Doris...(I call her Doris) will cost me as much this season as replacing her...

Any advise will be much appriciated..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jason_S
Posted 2006-12-03 9:48 PM (#228735 - in reply to #228734)
Subject: Re: I Need Your Help !

personaly if it sounds good and plays good i wouldnt realy worry about it till ut starts to crack. then i would seal the cracks with cYA and keep playing...jason
seesquare
Posted 2006-12-03 9:59 PM (#228736 - in reply to #228734)

Rule of thumb- would you like adjusting everyday to a 14-degree differential? Betcha Doris would look good in a tight sweater, too.....oops...which commandment is that, now?
Find the most stable temperature in the dwelling, and leave Doris there, i.e., in the OHSC, inside an interior closet, away from drafts, or the water heater.
Jeff W.
Posted 2006-12-03 10:08 PM (#228737 - in reply to #228734)

Ditto what seesquare says, and put a humidifier in the soundhole while in the case!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)