The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Guitar Showcase

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2006Message format

Mario
Posted 2006-12-05 12:00 PM (#228585)
Subject: Guitar Showcase

I was in San Jose last week on a business trip and took a ride over to Guitar showcase. For those of you that have never been or heard of it, it is has a reputation for being "THE" northern California place for vintage guitars. They have a very nice vintage room and ALL of it behind glass! You can't touch anything without someone babysitting you. They are an Ovation dealer. I went over to the Ovation section. It was outside of the acoustic room with all the low-end guitars. Mixed in the Ovation stuff was a bunch of celebs, but in the middle was a Glenn Campbell 1627 re-issue. I finally got to play one. I think it sounded exactly like my 1985 original, but looked in much better shape. I walked into the high-end room and there was a Melissa Etheridge 6 string and a Glen Campbell 1618 12 string re-issue, and a Celebrity signed by John Lee Hooker with a picture of him playing it. I was just about to reach for the 1618 and then I saw the sign that said, "DO NOT PLAY ANY GUITARS IN THE HIGH-END ROOM WITHOUT ASSISTANCE!" No one was around so I just left. I also went to the GC in San Jose which was a really cool store when I was there 6 years ago. They had (back then) and excellent selection of Ovations and Adamas', and basses too. When I got there they'd moved. The new place looked like all the other cookie-cutter GC's and had the same shitty Ovation selection with the good stuff at the top, with one exception (I am sure it was a mistake). There was an Al DiMeola Model on the bottom between 2 celebs. Really nice guitar felt really good and loud. The ass-wipe working there was old guy who talked and acted like everyone in there was wasting his time (what happened to customer service?).
Top of the page Bottom of the page
stonebobbo
Posted 2006-12-05 12:19 PM (#228586 - in reply to #228585)
Subject: Re: Guitar Showcase

Guitar Showcase is definitely a good place to go. And best to browse the store when the credit cards are maxed, the checking account overdrawn, and the wife and kids safely in a location where you cannot put them into indentured servitude.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)