The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
OT - TSO Concert

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2006Message format

CrimsonLake
Posted 2006-12-16 9:09 PM (#226240)
Subject: OT - TSO Concert

I just got back from seeing the Trans-siberian Orchestra in Philly and I have to say that it was one of the best concerts I have ever seen. This is the third time I've seen them and the other two weren't even close.

To start with - they played for over three hours straight without a break. The first two hours were their regular Christmas show - basically the Christmas Attic and Christmas Eve and other stories. The guy that they got to sing most of the leads was just unbelievable. The music was great and the other singers were also top notch.

After that, they went into some other stuff off of the Christmas CDs and the Beethoven CD. I had to take my young son to the bathroom and as we were walking back in they were in the middle of "Layla". As I said in other posts, my son has been playing that so we both flipped out. They went into the Wizards of Winter - the song that was a hit last year because of that video on the internet of the house with the humongous Christmas light display.

The biggest shock was this - right towards the end - Paul O'Neill comes out and starts talking about how the first show that TSO ever did was in Philly so they had a "little" surprise. He talks about what a big influence YES was on him and goes on to introduce Jon Anderson. They then went into the best rendition of Roundabout that I've ever heard. It was better than when YES did it in concert.

I would recommend this show to anyone, no matter what kind of music you are into. You will NOT be disappointed!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2006-12-16 10:18 PM (#226241 - in reply to #226240)
Subject: Re: OT - TSO Concert

did you say hi to sue? she was there.
CrimsonLake
Posted 2006-12-16 10:20 PM (#226242 - in reply to #226240)

What did she think of the show?

Where was she sitting? Maybe I did say hi to her ;)
TexasDoc
Posted 2006-12-16 11:35 PM (#226243 - in reply to #226240)

Just saw TSO today in Dallas for the first time. Great show.
guitarwannabee
Posted 2006-12-17 1:21 AM (#226244 - in reply to #226240)

Does Jon Anderson still have his high pitch Yes voice?I went and saw the Yes about 5 years ago at a very small venue and when he came out he was a fairly heavy set fellow , but when he started to sing his voice was still as high pitched as it was when he was in the 70's, truly amazing.GWB
Tupperware
Posted 2006-12-17 8:40 AM (#226245 - in reply to #226240)

Somewhat related - I've seen four times now over the years the MANNHEIM STEAMROLLER xmas concert. Amazing spectical. First time was at the Beacon Theatre NYC in '92. A couple times in the late 90's once in Omaha and once in Denver. Then last time was in '02 at Phoenix Symphony Hall with Philip Glass joining them. Really good stuff. Dave
CrimsonLake
Posted 2006-12-17 9:01 AM (#226246 - in reply to #226240)

GWB - he's still got the same voice and I guess he went on a diet because he looked to be in decent shape.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)