The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Los Lonely Boys

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2006Message format

Brian T
Posted 2006-12-26 6:48 PM (#225003)
Subject: Los Lonely Boys

I was channel surfing the other night and stumbled into Los Lonely Boys on Austin City Limits. OH MY GOD! Can those boys play! To look at them they look like your average currect crop of ghetto dwelling gansta rappers, but once you get past their looks they are amazing.

Now granted I am an older codger and maybe a bit out of-the-loop but, all I can say is WOW!. The lead guitar player Henry Garza is one of the best guitar players I have ever seen. Maybe I just caught them on a good night, but this band has it all. Incredible musicianship, outstanding vocals, and top notch composition. Theses guys are going nowhere but up, check then out if you get the chance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Weaser P
Posted 2006-12-26 8:47 PM (#225004 - in reply to #225003)
Subject: Re: Los Lonely Boys

The story I read was that Willie Nelson heard them, fell in love with their sound and was behind getting them into the studio and getting something released. The story went on to say that Willie called them his "favorite band" ('course that could also be hype talking if he actually bankrolled them at all). I like their sound too, I just thought that they need to expand on their Tijuana blues/pop sound if they are going to last. It was new enough to get some exposure but staying in the public eye is tough. I was going to go see them when they came through but their concert was cancelled for some reason.
stonebobbo
Posted 2006-12-26 9:42 PM (#225005 - in reply to #225003)

I've seen LLB a couple of times, the last with lady stonebobbo from Row 4. The show ranked up there with the best (as a bonus Susan Tedeschi opened up for them). Weas's story probably has some merit ... their Dad was a sideman in Nashville for many years and that's where the Boys spent a lot of time, even though they hail from Texas. Willie makes a cameo appearance on their Sacred disc, in the same song Dad takes a verse.

Henry, Jojo and Ringo are all monster players ... very accomplished at both playing their instruments and singing. Their sound is definitely "Texican". Sorry you missed them Weaser, they play an awesome show flat out for nearly three hours.
Tommy M.
Posted 2006-12-26 10:13 PM (#225006 - in reply to #225003)

I saw them on a special show, where they were the back up band for Ronnie Milsap recently. Yes, great talent, and you gotta love their music.
lanaki
Posted 2006-12-27 1:36 AM (#225007 - in reply to #225003)

Los Lonely Boys has a DVD release which I have had and enjoyed for nearly a year. They are tight!
ignimbyte
Posted 2006-12-27 7:30 AM (#225008 - in reply to #225003)

Never saw Los Lonely Boys live, but have seen them perform a few times on television, and I'm really amazed at their talents! Henry's guitar playing, almost always, reminds me of Dicky Betts from his days with the Allman Bros. Band.
Beal
Posted 2006-12-27 8:21 AM (#225009 - in reply to #225003)

Yes, they are very strong players. Go see them if you have the chance.
Jeff
Posted 2006-12-27 9:26 AM (#225010 - in reply to #225003)

I agree with all of the above. I think they're one of the most musically accomplished "new" bands to come down the pike in quite some time!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)