The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Respect

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Beal
Posted 2002-01-30 7:06 PM (#224501)
Subject: Respect

Ovation never did get the respect it deserved. Then again, respect is something that is earned, isn't it? It will be interesting to see what level of respect 36 years of producing product will reveal. Good Luck with the site.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2002-01-30 7:35 PM (#224502 - in reply to #224501)
Subject: Re: Respect

Wow 37 years... seems like just yesterday. I have been onboard since the mid 70's (or at least 25 years.. whichever makes me sound younger). I still think they are one of the best instruments around... I also think some of the limited or completely unreleased models were/are some of the best anywhere (speaking of solid bodies of course).

Miles
alpep
Posted 2002-01-31 3:07 PM (#224503 - in reply to #224501)

Bill
thanks for the kind words. We hope to have more aspects of the site up and running in the near future and invite your comments and feedback.
I KNOW there are many devoted Ovation fans out there and am sure that they will find our site a long needed place to exchange information ideas and bond with new friendships.
thanks again
al
marcnorth
Posted 2002-01-31 8:23 PM (#224504 - in reply to #224501)

My brother bought one of the first Ovation's ever made and I've had one at my house ever since.
They are the best playing acoustic guitars ever made..(my brother still has that guitar)
Glad to see a site dedicated to my favorite acoustic guitars and basses.
I found your site thru the Hamer site.(also some of my favorite guitars and basses)
Thanks
alpep
Posted 2002-01-31 9:22 PM (#224505 - in reply to #224501)

marcnorth
if that is one of the shiny bowl back instruments you need to tell him to baby that guitar.
those early guitars are beginning to gain interest on the vintage market because the bowls were hand made. The have a district sound to them and it is really great. Remember the guitar they used to try to beat in the sound tests were Bruce ricards (spelling is probably off) Martin D 45 Now that is one high standard to maintain!!!!!
tell your brother about us and have him join in !!!!!
samova
Posted 2002-01-31 9:52 PM (#224506 - in reply to #224501)

Miles,Al glad to see a site dedicated to ovation.Great job so far!! I'll check in often and see whats happening..I just want to say that i have over 60 vintage ovations and i love them all.From my early shiny bowls(1966 cntemporary folk classic,1967 Josh White and 1968 Glen Cambell model)to my preproduction adamases(serial # 7,12,33,57) to my solid body electrics...They were a great idea and great guitars..I enjoy playing them....GOOD LUCK with the new site and let me know if you need anything...Sam
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)