The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
plug it IN!!!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

sirdaniel
Posted 2002-01-31 1:13 PM (#224492)
Subject: plug it IN!!!

That's what their all about.
no muss, no fuss.
you know the sound, it's been around forever.
and these axes take a s**tload of abuse.
If there ever was a guitar designed for the road, this is it.
I have a 2000 legend12 after retiring my '88 custom baladeer.

rock on Ovation
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2002-01-31 3:04 PM (#224493 - in reply to #224492)
Subject: Re: plug it IN!!!

Sir Daniel
Glad to see you here bro!!!!!
All I know is that well other guys are playing with mic placement eq on board preamps and out board pickups I am plugged in ready to go with a sound that knocks them all out.
I think that Ovation has one of the best pickup and preamp systems out there. The Adamas models are stellar and the 2000 2001 and 2002 collector's series are among my favorites.
thanks for the comments and come back and check us out often
paults
Posted 2002-01-31 3:45 PM (#224494 - in reply to #224492)

I'm here, too!

I've been using them since the 70s....
alpep
Posted 2002-01-31 5:29 PM (#224495 - in reply to #224492)

Paults
glad you could make it. Yes and even admit to using Ovations for longer than most of the audience at your gigs were alive...LOL
thanks for stopping by I hope that we can get a really good group of people here interested in talking about Ovation guitars etc
al
ToneJunkee
Posted 2002-02-02 3:04 AM (#224496 - in reply to #224492)

Just speaking up here.
Been an Ovation player since `87. On one particular day I picked up my Black Custom 1862 Balladeer. That same day an old man hit my car, I had to drive half of Guns n Roses to a liquor store and did an acouctic jam with them.
I've been a die hard fan ever since.
stonge
Posted 2002-02-04 8:35 PM (#224497 - in reply to #224492)

my first good guitar was a sunburst Applause (the one with the aluminum fingerboard) that my Dad bought new for me when I was starting out. moved through the requisite deep bowl (non-electric) Balladeers and moved up to a 1988 Limited that I still own. Now have an Adamas that sounds just killer and finally a 12 string Elite (although I have a bad need for a SMT 12 string - that thing sounds like a grand piano). Also have a Takamine EN-10 but my ears just grew up with (and prefer) roundbacks. At HFC I, I think the tour of Ovation was almost a bigger thrill than the Hamer tour. Rick Hall gives a good tour, although Frank U did almost as well this last year.

Glad to see some familiar faces up here!
alpep
Posted 2002-02-05 7:40 AM (#224498 - in reply to #224492)

Stonge
good to see you here. ..."Kickin it old school" great just what I need more referecnes to me being a geezer just remember Keller is the grandpa not me!!!!!

I had one of those aluminum applause guitars back then too. the neck warped. I called the ovation service department to fix it. they told me they could put it in a jig and straighten it out for $35 or so. I got an RA number shipped it back and waited after a couple of months I called an asked about my guitar. the service guy looked it up and said it was in the finishing department. I humg up the phone and freaked thinking i DID NOT ASK FOR THIS GUITAR TO GET REFINNED. well the guitar came back a month or two later the rosette was cracked and that was replaced the big scratch was buffed out and touched up and the neck was straightened. all for the 35 bucks they quoted me> I did not believe it I called the service manager and talked to him and thanked him and asked why they did so much work that I did not require. He told me it was there policy not to send a guitar back half fixed. I never forgot that. I will admit that I never really warmed up to that guitar and soon after sold it but I was stunned by the stellar customer service. I will NEVER forget that
Adamas II
Posted 2002-03-03 11:33 PM (#224499 - in reply to #224492)

I definitely agree on the plugged-in tone and ease of setup offered by Ovation guitars. While many of the "squareback" crowd turn their noses up at our Ovations, and they have a good arguement about playing unplugged, we are plugging in and sounding real good with minimal fuss. They're just so darn convienent! They're all I've ever owned, and all that I need for live acoustic music.
cmatthes
Posted 2002-03-08 11:31 PM (#224500 - in reply to #224492)

I recently traded my '88 SSC as part of a trade on a Hamer I fell in love with. Although that Hamer is probably my all-time fave, I miss the Hell out of my Ovation. That got me through a decade with no trouble and I didn't have to worry about where I took it (Bar gig, Party, back of the car, beach...).
When I get geared up for another acoustic purchase, I'll skip the fancy box crap and get a guitar that I'll love to play as much as that one. With the money I'll save, maybe I'll pick up one of those Mandos too!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)