The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
ADAMAS FEVER!!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

samova
Posted 2002-02-04 9:19 PM (#224473)
Subject: ADAMAS FEVER!!

I have been collecting ovations for many years now and have over 50 ,probably 60 at this time..All are early and rare serial numbers from 1966-1980's mostly.Some are acoustic some are solidbodies...My favorites though are the adamases,especially the early adamases..They sound great...It seems that the early serial number adamases pre Kaman Bar(serial number 27-62)are the best sounding of all.Those were the rare slotted headstock models ...AWESOME guitars and impossible to find..I have three like that and one is the only 12 string built in that serial number sequence(serial 27-62,first 26 were proto's)..I would like to hear from other early adamas owners and their view on the adamas models......It does not have to be limited to the serial numbers i mentioned earlier.Just as long as it is from 1976-1980's adamases.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2002-02-05 7:33 AM (#224474 - in reply to #224473)
Subject: Re: ADAMAS FEVER!!

I have had the priviledge to own and play many adamas and adamas II guitars. I can honestly say that NOTHING comes close to them in tone playability and depth of sound.
There is something about the woven top that is pure magic. the sound just booms off those tops and plays great. Although I do like the smt and the other new one, they do not compare to the woven top guitars.
Last month one of my wife's collegues came over to buy a melissa etheridge 12 string which is an extremely nice guitar. Her mind was made up. Before she left she played an Adamas II guitar. she went home called me the next day and took the woven top guitar. there was no comparsion between them in pure tone. Both played the same but the woven top won out.
samova
Posted 2002-02-05 10:10 AM (#224475 - in reply to #224473)

Al, lets made the distinction between the "woven" tops(earlier) and the newer "weave" tops CVT....Although,i have played the new weave tops and they are very nice guitars..One of the few newer ovations i like...Of cource nothing compares to the early adamases....
Adamas II
Posted 2002-02-06 11:00 PM (#224476 - in reply to #224473)

HI everybody, I just found this site and must say that it makes me very happy to finally find other Ovation supporters. It's the only brand of acoustics that I've owned starting about 23 years ago.

Anyway, I agree on the Adamas models. Incredible sounding, feeling, and playing guitars. I have an '87 6-string cutaway in the "reverse" blueburst that is so sweet. People still comment on it almost every time I play it. There just aren't that many around.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)